Rockefeller Flats

gf beranek

Old Schooler
By now everyone must be getting sick and tired of seeing pictures of the redwoods.

"If you've seen one redwood you've seen them all." Ronald Regan.

Pic one On the Rockefeller Flats. This grove is located in Bull Creek on the South Fork of the Eel River.

Pic two The tree I'm standing by is leaning against the one next to it. Soon to come down.

Pic Three A Fallen Giant becomes suitable habitat for ferns, sorrel and huckleberry.

Pic Four Just another view of what you can spend days walking through and never see it all.

Attachments

• Jerry vertical scene 001.jpg
    Jerry vertical scene 001.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 59
  • Jerry vertical scene 002.jpg
    Jerry vertical scene 002.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Terri root wad 1.jpg
    Terri root wad 1.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Terri vertical scene 001.jpg
    Terri vertical scene 001.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 57
Yep... Screw Regan... Keep 'em comin' Ger'.

They never get old. I need to come down the coast someday and see them again. I have not been in a Redwood Grove in ages... :)

Gary

When you post a picture of redwood #973,412, that'll be enough, maybe. ;)
Those trees are awesome. I keep thinking how lucky you are to walk among them. I always enjoying seeing pictures of where other people live. You kind of get used to the place you live in, and start to take everything for granted. For a long time, I thought everyone had a pine tree in their yard.:roll:

Dave

I would love to go and see them, until then your pictures will have to do!!

Same here...it is cool to me that someone we know is actually seeing them and taking the time to share what they see.

That fallen tree looks more like a giant boulder...great stuff.

"If you've seen one redwood you've seen them all." Ronald Regan.

Gerry, am I right when I think that I remember the city of Fortuna making a little tiny redwood tree into : "Ronald Reagan memorial grove" with a sign saying exactly that ? It would have been back in 81-82 when I first lived out your way.

As for the pictures: keep them coming. I won't get out to Humboldt county till next year, your pictures help take the edge of my redwood withdraval symptoms!

I love your pics man, keep 'em coming.

The thing that most struck me when I was out there were the ones that had fallen over. Thats where you could really get a good perspective of the massive sie of those beauties...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stig, knowing the people in Humboldt and around Fortuna I wouldn't doubt that a bit. It was a black mark on Ronald that will live on in infamy.

Yeah, OTG, the destruction that goes on in the old growth forest can stymie the creation end of it. Every year I hike through the groves the more destruction and creation I see. It's not static at all.

Back