Flat screen TVs.

No way would I buy a $130 TV. My 32" Samsung cost right under 200 and that's plenty cheap enough for me.

You get what you pay for.

I met a guy who engraved for the production of USA currency, which is very closeup work. I think he would dispel that as a myth.

Our son just set up 3 monitors side by side on a wide 8 foot desk for graphic design and web application work. Our other son whom he works with, has about 6 monitors stacked two wide and three tall.

I'm no doctor, obviously.

One anecdote isn't very strong evidence.

The idea of sitting too close to the TV ruining your eyes was a radiation/ energy concern, I always though, not having to do with focusing your eyes. Also, it gets the kids out of the way of the TV.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No way would I buy a $130 TV. My 32" Samsung cost right under 200 and that's plenty cheap enough for me.

You get what you pay for.

True, but there were no $200 smart tv's there, of any brand. Just trying to get the streaming setup, then buy something better later on.

Butch, you have been vindicated. The tv and Bluray wouldn't talk to each other. Got my cash back, and now have a Samsung TV and Bluray. Let's hope they get along.:lol: This tv is 1080p, also.

They are talking to reach other, but dang, two remotes and like 300 buttons.:lol: I may stick something to a few of my favorite button so I can find them by feel. Now if they'd just hook up my fiber, I can move into the new millennium. :/:

Especially when you set your phone up to be both remotes, because you always have that, and the remote might be across the room :D

Back