Regarding Covid

I had to edit this one myself.
Why didn't you hear about this anywhere???

Part 1

you have a 22x greater chance of dying from covid in the US than those living in 6 of the poorest and most malaria-ridden countries in Africa.

Part 2 there is a little overklap:

And get big pharma paid.. the declaration of a pandemic triggers a multi-billion dollar payout to big pharma... I think it was like 18 billion for the last SARS before it had killed more than a couple hundred thousand.

2003 outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). What Happened to SARS? - https://www.ecohealthalliance.org/2018/03/sars

the definition of a pandemic was changed on the CDC website just before the declaration.

I could have the dates and names wrong but something to this effect happened

Right on cue...

Bob, that article has a fair amount of bad info in it.
Trump did not "develop" any vaccine. Pharmaceutical companies did.
He did throw plenty of borrowed money at the problem and cut many regulations (safety measures) to help get it approved at "warp speed". The question remains as to weather that, or his continuous downplaying of the problem ("it will just go away") was prudent? The money wouldn't have had to have been borrowed if such huge tax relief hadn't been given to big business, wall street, real estate developers, and the very rich in general to the tune of around 4 t if I recall correctly.

So it might be said that Trump "assisted the speed of development", but that is all.

Biden did credit "the previous administration" with "warp speed" in more than one of his earliest briefings I remember that quite well.
He also mentioned the total lack of any distribution system having been set up...which the former admin had what... ~a year to set up.

The article also fails to mention all the funds Trump cut from the prevention/identification/control side of the equation before this all happened, or his refusal to follow procedures already in place (the book) for such incidents, and just "wing it" with whatever fancy came to his attention next.

PPE manufacture & distribution/logistics under Trump was an uncoordinated disaster. Putting His incompetent son in law in charge of this was a huge mistake where cronyism & politics ran rampant over common sense, and immense amounts of money were handed to political allies/supporters for things that never got produced, or delivered. Leaving the States on their own to have to find supplies & bid against each other & other countries, only to have the Trump admin step in, confiscate, and redirect already paid for shipments that were on the way to one State, and have them sent to a State that showed higher political support levels.

Trump waffled between "it's nothing...it'll go away on its own very shortly" to "no one has ever had to deal with a problem this size, nothing is my fault, unprecedented!, re-elect me!"

Yes, by all means, let's give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
When Biden’s attention span is shorter than his nose hairs...and two of his favorite topics are roaches and Corn Pop...I don’t see him handling it any better. I’m not sure what folks expected Trump to do about it. I guess Biden got ahead of the game by appointing the thing to be his assistant secretary of health. That most certainly cut Covid’s threat exponentially...

If Trump had taken the virus seriously that would have been a big step towards getting things under control. I remember hearing him use the phrase "aspirational thinking" when he was trying to defend one of his statements that it would just "go away." In 2016 I voted for Trump I am sorry to say but I was hoping he was the chance to change things for the better. His aspirational thinking was a function of his dim witted intellect and lack of reliance on science. Until December 2019 when the Corona virus started popping up in news articles I tried to justify that Trump had our best interests at heart in the decisions he made. But looking back I think he was just a selfish idiot with not a clue as to what he was doing. At least not what he what he needed to be doing. Trump is one of the worst things that's ever happened to this country. He had a chance to make a big difference but his arrogance, selfishness and cronyism got the best of him.

Jim, I don't see or read CNN. Haven't since they took over the cover-up of the Waco murders by Reno under Clinton.
Nothing in my post is "C & P".

...I don’t see him handling it any better. I’m not sure what folks expected Trump to do about it.

Besides the "what ifs", I'd expect some levelheaded leadership, competence, and the truth for once...but I guess that's just "aspirational thinking" ;)

Last edited:
I did NOT vote for Trump in 2016, as I didn't know what his motives were. I DID vote for him in 2020, as I considered him the lesser of two evils. As to "levelheaded leadership and competence", Dave, do you thin Biden has either?

I've stated before that I considered both candidates too old too hold the office. I would have been happy with neither, which is no surprise...can't recall a president in my lifetime I've been happy with yet...

That being said, the general competence level of the administration as a whole seems to have improved. At least Hunter isn't negotiating in the middle east, or running the DOJ...

yeah, and Trump thinks he's still president...

to quote an old Ray Stevens lyric: We're "Making the best of a bad situation"

Last edited:
Back