Receiver Hitch Rope Brake

Uh, am I missing something here? If the friction device was attached to the back of your truck, you'd have some pretty severe limitations: only small pieces (unless you start every job with a fully loaded truck) and no shock loading (unless you like ripping the hitch receiver off). Who would want a friction device that could only be used for relatively small pieces under static loads only? This may the reason I've never seen one of these in any catalog.

Smaller pieces, no impacting, other friction(high) sometimes; but workable in proper ranges IMLHO.

I have a receiver on the front and rear of my truck. The GRCS attaches to it and works just fine

Cool. Sometimes you gotta be an outlaw...

Besides, you weren't going far... right? ;)

About 9 miles.

And haha Justin, I was waiting for someone to say that.

My daily driving civic with me in it weighed 2740lbs when I went across the scales on the way to class today. Worse tank was still 34.6mpg, best has been in the 39's, never had a tank of pure highway driving though.

OK enough of this speculation, here's the scale numbers off of my 92' Ford 1ton 4x4 with sanding unit(empty) and plow on:

Front Axle 2150kg x 2.2=4730lbs

Rear Axle 1750x 2.2= 3850lbs

combined =8580-weight of sander and plow(1700lbs)=6880lbs

Ok so heavier than I was quoting my apologies, those are the actual scale numbers less than a week ago and the sander(800lbs) and plow (900lbs) are from the owners manuals.

Now I'm gonna have to re-scale my chevy when I get a chance, maybe I can't haul as much as I thought.

Carl your deck must weigh alot? And are your scale measurements with you in or out of the truck?:P

Hmm this means in theory with wet sand my loaded plow truck, no trailer would weigh 8,580 + 6,000 = 14,580:O . No wonder I forked up the springs.

scaled my dodge empty today at 7900. i do have a steel chip box ontop of my bed rails. also did a freebee for a buddy and grossed my 1 ton at 14460 :O

i can put 5 yards in it, i pay more attention to what the tires can handle as opposed to the manufacturers reccomendation:D yup 3/4 ton dodge

i can put 5 yards in it, i pay more attention to what the tires can handle as opposed to the manufacturers reccomendation:D yup 3/4 ton dodge

Suspension needs to be able to absorb and adjust to dynamic forces; of turning, stopping, dips etc.

Squish....you use sand???!!? 'Round here snow removal guys feel they have to have the snow burnt off in 45 mins........so pure salts the name of the game. Really disgusting how much salt goes down when some calmer driving habits and sand would work fine. My father is the roads superviser for one of the last municipalities in York region still using sand/salt mix, everyone else is pure salt. echk!

Moving on...
My Dodge (pics have been posted) weighs 3600kg with the aluminium dump. 3500 SRW 4x4 Cummins 24 valve (engine alone weighs close to 1300 lbs) GVW of 5200kg can't recall GCW. Aluminium box is 7-800lbs max.

Squisher do you have a link for the airbag system you installed in your truck?

Kevin I will have a look and see what brand of airbags I've got again and see if I can find a link. Also yah I only spread straight sand, the road guys here use a sand/salt mix and also use anti-ice sprays.

Willie I'm pretty sure that we've been able to get one ton SRW of any of the big three for many, many years now from what I've seen around anyways.

Back