Reality TV Dirty Jobs Meets Ax Men

Very nice, Daniel! You did a great job! I especially liked that you strapped above and below the cut than Ryan made, to cover the remote chance of a barberchair happening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya I just had to.. even though on a pine with all those crotches knitting the grain together, and almost zero chance of the operator pulling early since he was only going on my signal by radio.. Intellectually my mind was saying there is no need for this, but still felt compelled to do it.. almost like I had no choice... part of me thought.. well at least the tree brethren will understand... not surprised you are the first to point it out. Thanks Roger...

Murph, I just watched that again...kudos again. The strapping above and below the cut did not register the first time...I was so intrigued watching a newbie take a top and you making him "STOP" before he cut too far through his back cut...good how you orchestrated that whole scenario. Strapping the bole just in case was a great idea. Doing it with rope rather than a big yellow trucker strap really made it look like part of the rigging...good touch. Good on ya, Roger, for pointing that out. That is one thing I really like about the House...good folks here with Eagle Eyes that see many things that others miss...and point it out.

And that limb that got Ryan's attention at the 6:00 mark....perfect...helps understand what helmets are for.

The Far Side, by Gary Larson. Oh how I enjoyed reading the comics till he retired.
When I was doing concrete work, I hung that one up on the bosses window just for a joke. It was when the owner decided we needed to wear hard hats at all times. Not saying he was wrong but most of our work was below our knees. Our biggest worry was a bird shitting on our heads.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And that limb that got Ryan's attention at the 6:00 mark....perfect...helps understand what helmets are for.
Ya he was a little skiddish... and admitted of camera to being quite scared throughout the day.. He was pretty quiet throughout as well. I did 90% of the talking, but the editors did a great job of making it look balanced exchange. I had a real easy going positive attitude which worked to keep everyone calm and relaxed.

Back