RC Trucking

Husabud

TreeHouser
Anybody here into the Rc car/truck thing. My son just got a Traxxas Stampede for Xmas. I haven't touched a remote since I was ten and that was Airplanes. This is old and used, but still fun. I was thinking of getting Dad (me) one just for fun. Any thoughts? Some of the videos are nuts, but I can only watch a toy for so long. :|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's 6 Sean and loves it. I figure I can put the 540 on hold for a few months, like 6, and come up with something to play with. It's lean this time of yr, so it may be awhile, but it is all about my children.

You know better than me, I'm sure...he's halfway to being a teenager. Now is the time. Old enough to remember, ready to do new things that he's interested in...with his dad.

Trevin wanted everything rc for Christmas. He is working on flying his helicopter daily

My son is RC Obsessed. He's particularly good with helicopters. This christmas he got a small RC submarine. He loves that thing.

Awesome hobby, but it can get real expensive real quick. Especially if you get bit by the nitro bug. If you can find a track close by, that's when the real fun starts. :) Either way enjoy the time with you son.

Bud, has your boy taken to jumping his RC truck yet? That'll get expensive but its fun to do. I have girls, and they aren't into RC toys. The oldest got a BB gun for Christmas as she enjoys hunting and the outdoors. They're into these Nintendo DS things. At first I was against video games as I linked them in my mind to lazy kids that stare at a screen all the time. But, I came around and realized everything in moderation.

No nitro here! I am sticking to clean electric power. Ya Chris jumping is an issue. My cousin owns a big excavation company, so sand stone and jumps are very easy to be had. My worst problem is my buddy who's been doing this for teeny yrs or so. It seems his pockets are endless and he is ready to one up me at any given point.

Any Italians here at the house? I mean living in Italy. Or even a European versed in Italian and willing to ship something to the US?

Seems like this hobby might be a good way to spend time while rehabbing, or post-op rehabbing. Be happy for a minute that its not all about baseball at the moment, eh?

Bud, has your boy taken to jumping his RC truck yet? That'll get expensive but its fun to do. I have girls, and they aren't into RC toys. The oldest got a BB gun for Christmas as she enjoys hunting and the outdoors. They're into these Nintendo DS things. At first I was against video games as I linked them in my mind to lazy kids that stare at a screen all the time. But, I came around and realized everything in moderation.

A friend's wife (62 yo) is hooked on some advanced computer game. Instead of her being a worrying, nagging, way too high strung wife, she chills the frig out and plays her game after work. He says "I'll take care of the kitchen, you go play your game. I'm bring in the wood, you go play your game." She's a lot better of that way, he is too, and she's more chilled and ready to be at his service, if you know what I mean. 60's, the both of them. More power to 'em.

Its supposed to help mental sharpness as you age, pointing to it being a stimulating learning thing, and couple that with a treeman Dad, and you'll have some well rounded kids.

Thanks Steve. I found a discontinued body at a hobby shop in Italy. They won't ship to US. I need a middle man.

Yeah Sean, this is a lot of fun. My buddy gave my son one of his old trucks for Xmas. I used it for ten minutes and was hooked. That same buddy owes me big for a deck I built for him. Now I have a real nice truck too. They do break and can definitely get expensive if you get the bug, but really good for the mind. Who knows, maybe I'll graduate to a Helicopter and then to a drone and this whole neck thing won't be an issue at all. I can just rake in the money running a remote.:|:

Back