Question about flip line climbing

Davychanchan

TreeHouser
Hi guys, I'm vurry new to this tree climbing stuff, so sorry if my questions seem a little obvious. When you guys are doing a removal with spurs/flipline, what are your preferred methods of secondary attachment?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the input. Suggestions for if you don't have a hitch hiker? (Besides get one....)

Climbing line in whatever configuration. It's not your primary support & is there to catch you if things go south in a hurry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks fellas. It helps me to see it. This place is great, but it's almost an info overload at times.

Something that you can leave looser than your primary, and yet, that won't get hung up on every tiny nub. Sherrill's got some really stiff green stuff, that was originally designed to be ship tie-down material; but they made flip-lines out of it. Forgot the name though. :|:

Treestuff has Tech 11 or Tritech flipline which is a cut resistant non wire core flipline. It is an excellent choice for flipping IMO and somewhat stiff like the stuff from Sherril.

Treestuff has Tech 11 or Tritech flipline which is a cut resistant non wire core flipline. It is an excellent choice for flipping IMO and somewhat stiff like the stuff from Sherril.

Thanks a lot... I'll look into that stuff.

I didn't want to take such a big top cuz I knew how hard it was gonna be to set it down, but that's what they wanted so I did it.

I just kicked back for 30 while they dealed with it!

Attachments

• trees 015z_edited.jpg
    trees 015z_edited.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 85
There was a whole 'nother tree to slay.

Attachments

• fourty.JPG
    fourty.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 78
  • trees 002.jpg
    trees 002.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 77
The tobacco company missed out by not putting the upper pic on the pack of the brand that MB used to smoke.

This series of shots generated an entire thread over at Treeworld, razzing on all my "mistakes."

Attachments

• trees 017 (Large).jpg
    trees 017 (Large).jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 66
  • trees 018 (Large).jpg
    trees 018 (Large).jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 65
  • trees 019 (Large).jpg
    trees 019 (Large).jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 66
  • trees 021 (Large).jpg
    trees 021 (Large).jpg