Power Pruner Harness

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I saw this over at ArbTalk and thought whud the hay? Anyone ever try one of these??? I'm thinking thumbs down, but I dunno...

arborist200x150.jpg

I have one exactly like that!!! I use it in the bedroom.

I wonder if he can load logs into a truck with it ? :)

That would never work in a tree. I used a power pruner only a few times and each time it was dull as a hoe. But I do have to say, dull or not, it made it possible to cut something I really did not want to be out on.

Yeah the harness looks bogus but power pruners are a kickbutt tool.

That looks like an excellent tool for motivating lazy stupid workers.
See you attach a coca-cola, carrot, ham sammi, bag of weed, etc etc to the end of it, then tell the guy to go to work!

I think I'd rather just climb the few feet to prune it without it.

That looks like an excellent tool for motivating lazy stupid workers.
See you attach a coca-cola, carrot, ham sammi, bag of weed, etc etc to the end of it, then tell the guy to go to work!

:lol: Yeah stick a twinkie on there and I'd run more often, that's for sure.

It works dandy. I mentioned it in another thread to Derek about getting one to use in his man lift since he uses it so much.

I played with one in St Louis. I think it's $300 or $400.

I think that would be great for a landscaper doing smaller parking lot trees.

:O:\:

I'd be looking up a lot more for dark clowds if I were forced to use that thing!:P

Attachments

• anim.gif
    anim.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 59
  • arborist200x150.jpg
    arborist200x150.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 58
That gizmo looks a bit like a spring balancer used on assmbley lines ,in a way . If that is the case and if it's set up properly it in effect causes the tool to be almost weightless . It's an ergonomic thing .

I think that might prove particularly beneficial when using the hedger attachment. In the normal course of pruning I would feel handicapped by the support-The pruner is swung around to different angles, upside down etc. to make proper collar cuts.

We sometimes spend a week or more cutting branches off trees along forest roads, so the logging trucks wont get their rearwiev mirrors knocked off.
When you have to carry a pole pruner all day, that harness is just the thing.
You don't have a lot of flexibility, but then we just move the pruner straight up and down.

Back