Portland 2012 ITCC

Old Monkey

Treehouser
So am am looking at the pamphlet trying to decide which days to go, whether I am flying solo or bringing the family. Don't really need loads of CEUs. If I attend something it's to learn and not just get credits for being bored into a stupor. If I pay top dollar and someone lectures me for two hours on why trees are great, I swear I'll go on a rampage and cut a hundred innocent trees down. My preliminary thought is to just come for the weekend and watch the Climbing comp on Saturday and go to Gilman's pruning seminar on Sunday morning, then hit the trade show, departing for home on Monday. What are others going to do and who wants to share a room if I fly solo?

http://www.isa-arbor.com/events/resources/events_Conference_2012RegBrochure.pdf

the wife and i are debating on going to that or just the local western chapter dealie o coming up soon, we just want to learn

i may send my foreman and his ol lady so they can get a few days of the trade show and some classes

i agree with ya on the why trees are good lectures, if i want warm and fuzzy ....i'l get a blanket not a lecture

the wife and i are definitely planning on making a trip of it. thinking of going camping somewhere and visiting friends. the trade show and comp are my top draws at this point, but i have'nt really looked at the schedule yet. see y'all there.

I'm planning on bringing my climber up but I guess I should look over the schedule too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let's all camp in Burnham's front yard.

Not 100% sure yet but a few of us up here are thinking of coming down Amtrak and crashing in a few hotel rooms, if I do spend the time and money to go I wanna see it all, climbing comp, seminars etc.

You can't see it all. Things overlap. I'll link the flyer after dinner.

I'll be there, haven't decided if I'll be roving around the climbing comp or helping out with it yet, but I'll definitely be in Portland for the whole thing.

heh, we are having two photographers (indian and white) and a videographer (indian)...and we are considering a white videographer... to make sure we get both sides :)

so each service provides two people so thats a potential of 8 people holding cameras in a professional capacity. overboard eh?

I found out more information about last year's speakers than this year's.

Nick,
Is the wedding in Little India (Iselin, NJ)?
I have seen the amazingly ornate, huge weddings while at hotels there.
There were tables and tables of great Indian food, too.
Praja Pathi Swaha.

heh, we are having two photographers (indian and white) and a videographer (indian)...and we are considering a white videographer... to make sure we get both sides :)

so each service provides two people so thats a potential of 8 people holding cameras in a professional capacity. overboard eh?

Even though it sounds a bit over the top, and I am sure there will be times that it will seem a pain while it is all going on, great things will come of it. All those beautiful memories will be captured for you, her and your kids to treasure. It will be all worth it.
:)

We had Gilman at our trade show this year, I even got to introduce him and chat with him after his presentation. If we could I'd bring him back every year...the man always has good stuff to share.

I am planning on getting out to the west coast this summer, if I don't go to Vancouver for tough mudder I'll be in Portland for the ITCC.

Back