Point and shoot - things to photograph

Excellent camo for our oak tree bark, but he showed up quite well on that white stucco wall.

What is it?

I saw this crazy cloud formation early this morning. I thought it might be from a rocket launch at KSC, but I didn't see any news stories about it. Or maybe a drunken skywriter. :?

Attachments

• pics8 009.jpg
    pics8 009.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 2
Yup, they don't announce every launch. And I can't believe you can see it that clearly even though you're another 100 miles further away than I am. I'm about 40-45 miles away and our views are almost the same.

I did zoom in a bit. :) Probably another satellite, as if there aren't enough up there already. It's weird how the vapor trail gets all twisted around like that from the different layers of air currents.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
GOOD to know my Mom in Sarasota watched something - Now I can share that information

Waiting for the Amtrak in Los Angeles about 2 years ago.

Attachments

• Palm_600.jpg
    Palm_600.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 93
Couple of more. Roasting dogs at the Oregon coast camping, and part of an old machine at Camp 18, the logging museum restaurant in Elsie - Oregon coast range.

Attachments

• Gears_600.jpg
    Gears_600.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Campfire_600.jpg
    Campfire_600.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 93
around the home place.

Attachments

• fuzzy white.jpg
    fuzzy white.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 0
  • P5310020.jpg
    P5310020.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 1
  • wild flowers.jpg
    wild flowers.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Railroad car.jpg
    Railroad car.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Tracks.jpg
    Tracks.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 0
mine today - i was saftey boater for a local triathalon they started about 7:30 am - I am still figuring out this new camera - not happy with it , yet

early morning on lake lanier - teh water was bath water temps - teh air was about 70 the water about 74

Attachments

• triathalon 053.JPG
    triathalon 053.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • triathalon 044.JPG
    triathalon 044.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • triathalon 049.JPG
    triathalon 049.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • triathalon 038.JPG
    triathalon 038.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Dave, the bright yellow hard hat was most likely to identify her as an event safety person rather than just somebody in a canoe who happened to paddle into a swimming event.

An Ol grader.

Attachments

• Picture 119.jpg
    Picture 119.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 120.jpg
    Picture 120.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 121.jpg
    Picture 121.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 122.jpg
    Picture 122.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 125.jpg
    Picture 125.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 1
I LIKE THAT

About the yellow helmet, some events, where I am a saftey boater, require a helmet for insurance reasons. So i always carry it. This was in a lake with no fear of hittimg my head on a rock.

I've been looking for one of those. I'd replace the hand wheels with hydraulic cylinders and tow it with my Kubota.:)

Most of them were made in the 30's and 40's. Many are still in use where I grew up. They would replace the wheels with something off of a truck and keep rebuilding all of the other stuff. Some would put a couple of rams on but to operate everything hydraulically you would need a lot of valves which most tractors don't have. They have somewhat been replaced by 3pt hook-up blades like so.

Attachments

• Blade.jpg
    Blade.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 60
Back