Point and shoot - things to photograph

We went to Usal today. It's an old logging site about 6 miles from hwy 1 on a very bad dirt road. The elevation overlooking the beach is about 2000 ft. It's now part of the Sinkyone Wilderness. Used to be sacred to the Indians. It was a gorgeous day, nice and warm. The old trees up there are really gnarly and twisted from the wind.

Attachments

• USAL_6-27-09_026.jpg
    USAL_6-27-09_026.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 4
  • USAL_6-27-09_001.jpg
    USAL_6-27-09_001.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 4
Beautiful, Terry. Do you have a higher resolution of the first picture? I think it would make a great desktop picture.

Yes, Brian. You want me to email it to you? Jer will be posting some good ones soon and his camera is MUCH better than mine!

For your viewing pleasure some wind blown ridge top redwoods, and a view of Usal beach from the bluffs.

Attachments

• DSC02108r.jpg
    DSC02108r.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC02109r.jpg
    DSC02109r.jpg
    900 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC02114r.jpg
    DSC02114r.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 4
Wasn't Ger just saying what an angel she was? Ah, laying it on too thick huh?
Here are a few shots I took last week at the house of my wife's friend who died several months ago. These are taken off of the back deck of the house on cliffside drive in Aptos. The first is looking to the east and the wharf where the cement ship is, the second to the south and the last two to the west towards Capitola and Santa Cruz.

Attachments

• aptos 007 (Large).jpg
    aptos 007 (Large).jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 5
  • aptos 008 (Large).jpg
    aptos 008 (Large).jpg
    173 KB · Views: 5
  • aptos 009 (Large).jpg
    aptos 009 (Large).jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 5
  • aptos 010 (Large).jpg
    aptos 010 (Large).jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 5
For about a million and a half you can buy that house. It's beautiful weather there most of the time.

Here are some tree pictures from a few years ago. This is from up in the bucket looking north across the Stanislaus river at the Del Rio Golf Course.

Attachments

• mchenry 008 (Large).jpg
    mchenry 008 (Large).jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
mine for the day

Attachments

• park 125 - Copy (2).JPG
    park 125 - Copy (2).JPG
    514.3 KB · Views: 4
  • fernbank 080a.jpg
    fernbank 080a.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 4
We had a crazy storm last night, sunny day turned into lighting, rainbows, amazing scattered light.

thunderstorm1_sm.jpg

Don't know. tried at least eight different ways to get a photo to load.

I have, changed sizes, tried from Iphoto, tried from three different folders, tried exporting to reply and to profile, tried importing from both reply and profile..

consistently get this:

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log

I am starting to wonder if I have some form of protection going on that prevents sharing files, but then how did I get one through (although to small to see) before? I am stumped.

Can you upload pictures to a Photobucket or Flickr account?

Many of us have had occasional problems uploading pictures on this forum, but eventually we all have been able to sort it out. Sometimes it's just the forum server having a bad day.

Have no idea, I don't go any other forums.

Don't do any of the flickr/facebook type things either.

Mostly use internet for purchases, bills, and getting information.

Back