Planning a road trip

If you get close to VA stop by for a while. I need a new product tester, my old one had an accident:lol:

Seriously though Im sure I will have work so give me a shout....

Heck, i'll write you a note. Sorry, Nick is really sick, I think it's the one semester flu. You should see how pathetically slow he is in the tree this week

Just give me your credit card number, I have square up, i'll send you a receipt;)

Brush up on your spanglish and maybe we could get you a couple days here in Westchester County, NY. The burbs of NYC. Heck I even got a fold out couch for ya.

If you're heading through Louisiana on I-10 into Texas shoot me a message. I'm 30 minutes in from the border and I-10 passes about 4 miles from my house.

This is getting way too easy.

Whaever happened to the time honored way of just going out to the nearest road, sticking your thumb out and seeing what fate will bring?:)

Nope, not the least.
I've had my fun on the road, now it is the next generations time to try it out.

I just think my generation had more of the spirit of taking chances, putting our ass on the line, whatever.
Or maybe that was just me.

Now I sound like every other sour old man, that has ever been.

I just hope Adrian makes it over here.
We have already found him a place to sleep.

And, no, it is not in the barn!

Stig, 20 years ago I flew into Canada and hitch hiked around the US without knowing a soul. Never left.

That being said Adrian wants to experience the way other people run their tree operations to broaden his knowledge so I think having contacts and destinations will further his objective. I for one didnt have the sense to even consider a career at that age..... I think he has a sound plan.

Definitely!

Which is why I invited him to come over and kill some trees.

I'm just being a curmudgeon tonight!

And it sounds like the two of us would be able to fill a night with tales of the road over a buch of beers.

Git yer motor running, head out on the highway. Looking for adventure in whatever heads our way.

Hitchhiking kind of is a thing of the past, unfortunately. I hitched 1000's of miles, but hesitate to stop for them. It used to be the norm, but too many whackos out there today. Sad.

Too true, I fear. The freedom to be whisked along off onto an unknown path by the turbulance of a butterfly's wings is a wonderful thing...planning for the rough patches that often come in concert to that will-o-the wisp influence is wise, these days.

Hitchhiking hasn't been a viable transportation option for decades, now. Too many freaks hiking OR driving..

Agreed, Butch.

Do you think there really are more "freaks" these days? I really can't settle my mind on an opinion. There sure seem to be more incidents, but is that just a feature of our 24/7 hyper-detailed news reporting cycle?

I remember hitchhiking around town a couple times as a teen and thinking how stupid it was, and that was 30 years ago. Had one mom pick me up once with 2 kids in the back seat and she said "Please don't kill me or anything." I felt so bad that I think that was the last time I thumbed a ride.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My parents would never let me go if I didn't at least talk to you guys on here and get some things set up! lol. I'm all for flying by the seat of my pants and stuff, and thats basically what I'll be doing on the road. The only set thing is where I start really, at Limbwalker in Louisville. After that, who knows. I may go with them to NC and the Warren Wilson Tree Climbing Comp, and just go from there.

And thanks Stig!! I really want to try and make it over there. Come November/December. That would be an awesome experience!!

So, where does one acquire a Passport??

Statistically, almost every form of criminal activity is on the decline and has been for decades. I think its a numbers and perception thing. If one in a thousand folks is a brooding psychopath you're likely to be OK in a town made up of a few hundred folks. If you live in an urban area where a million folks live the likelihood of having your life adversely effected by a sociopath goes way up. All that and TV news used to be local but now scours the globe for bad stuff.

Back