Pfanner Gladiator Chainsaw Pants vs. the arborist version

canadianclimber

TreeHouser
Just wonder if there is any big difference between the 2 pants. Treestuff has a sale on the ventilation version and thought it may be time to grab a pair.

Looking for info on the arborist version as I will be climbing in them more the doing ground work.

Thanks

The Pfanner version is a different material. The Pfanner ventilated version also includes zippers on the back of the thighs to vent.

We ordered them from a company in England. I cant recall the name off the top of my head, forestry something or another. You can check on honey bros site too.

Thereason they put the zipper in is that the material in the Gladiator pants is non-permeable.

I absolutely hate them, even for our mild climate.

I've been considering investing in some new saw pants, how does the fit/sizing run?
I'm always nervous about ordering any type of clothing without trying it on..... ? :\:

My local saw shop is stocking what appears to be a full line up of the pfanner stuff.

Not for me. I've looked them over a bit and the pricing is through the roof. I wear Stihl cutting pants. Not even sure the model or whatever but they're the nylon like front and don't have padding that wraps entirely around the calf. Fit nice and loose and they breath through the back material quite well.

To many years in the woods for me I guess. I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of those goofy looking pants at any price.

I am too lazy to take chaps on and off so it is saw pants every single day. Even the planner "cool"pants are still hot.

Tree stuff is getting all the euro Pfanner gear in early 2014, the pants are at least a pound lighter compared to saw pants sold in the states and they are the shit for work. Crane removals or removals, I love them. Way cooler than the Gladitors sold now and way light, plus it's made out of a more comfortable material.

I am too lazy to take chaps on and off so it is saw pants every single day. Even the planner "cool"pants are still hot.

I don't normally ever wear chaps like I think my pic shows (I've had them turned off for along time now). I was describing the Stihl cutting pants I wear daily.

I have both models and don't find the vented ones significantly cooler.
By the end of the day I'm glad to escape them.
btw, the Gladiators burn really well. Accidently melted a quarter sized hole through the thigh of one leg (blower engine exhaust) and was amazed how quickly and how hot things got.

So, how is the fit with the sizing(Pfanner)? Are they a "slim fit"(narrow all the way down), or are they a "loose fit"(wider in the hips and thighs)? :?

im 6 foot and 84 kgs and a 32 waist, the mediums are a loose fit. i would recommend the suspenders to keep them up to prevent crotch from splitting.
i will go for the smalls next time i think

Back