Pacific Kevlar Helmet with Brim

If your skull has a lump of bone protruding at the back like mine does, don't buy it.
My son bought one and loves it. I guess it fits normal heads ok.....sigh.

I have one and love it. My head always seemed too big for Petzl helmets but Pacific's are very comfy to me. People who don't use them will say they are hot to wear and heavy, but I never noticed. Quality wise, I feel it's the best helmet I have ever owned.

I have one and love it. My head always seemed too big for Petzl helmets but Pacific's are very comfy to me. People who don't use them will say they are hot to wear and heavy, but I never noticed. Quality wise, I feel it's the best helmet I have ever owned.

Ditto!

Best helmet you can buy in my opinion.

Pete, it is the best helmet I have used. Heavier than the others, no big deal though. Bomber protection. As far as being hot, if it's to hot to wear a helmet it's too hot to work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, looks like I'm going to add one to the list, on my next Wesspur order. (They don't sell them in the UK)

Thanks for your advice folks 8)

I like mine so far but I have only had it for a month or so.
Not much chance yet for warm weather testing ether, going to be a month or more before that. ;)
So far I would buy another.

Pacific helmets, well made, great protection, can last for up to 20 years apparently, I've a brimmed rescue version which has open/close vents, no probs with overheating.Bought mine in UK about 6 years ago. Pacific does have a UK suppliers.

I like the vertex vent, I believe all arborist helmets (not hard hats) should be side rated. And the pacific is an arborist helmet, looks nice if you like the brim. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363146602.740463.jpg I like no brim so that I can wear the petzl visor. Even with glasses. It's the best way I've found to keep wind blown sawdust out of your eyes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pacific helmets, well made, great protection, can last for up to 20 years apparently, I've a brimmed rescue version which has open/close vents, no probs with overheating.Bought mine in UK about 6 years ago. Pacific does have a UK suppliers.

Welcome to the treehouse Caorann D)

Where in the UK did you get it? I can only find paramedic & rescue models for sale

I love my Pacific Kevlar but I had to throw the black leather sweatband it came with away. After a little sweat it would leave a full width black tattoo on my forehead ha ha.
I tried to wash out the dye out of it in a bucket of soapy water and only gave up upon repeated attempts turning the water black.
I just keep a supply of velcroed terry cloth sweatbands on hand.

Guess I had better keep an eye on the mirror when removing it for while. :lol:

Most times I line the front and top by tucking in a strip of micro fiber towel covering the hat band. Helps keep the sweat off my glasses, this way it rains out the back of the helmet.

Guess I had better keep an eye on the mirror when removing it for while. :lol:
Yeah that's exactly what the waitress at the coffee shop told me ,
she finished by saying "a black tattoo doesn't look good on the face of a bald headed white man.":lol:

Back