On The Water

I caught a 2 footer yesterday, caught and released.

A shark ? If so what kind?

Gigi what kind of sharks are in your alls area?
Catching sharks & trimming palms. Sounds like a personality changer to me:)

Two of the worlds up & coming problem solvers:)

Attachments

• IMG_3784.JPG
    IMG_3784.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3715 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_3715 (Medium).JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2472 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2472 (Medium).JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 5
This just, well, made me pretty mad.

:evil::XA $300.00 St. Croix Cat rod thats not made any more:evil::X

Attachments

• IMG_3782.JPG
    IMG_3782.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3775_1 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_3775_1 (Medium).JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How did that happen? Jeff, we have all kinds of sharks here, you name them, we have them.

Yes, we do! Jeff, our future sil, has been snorkeling and come face to face with 2 of them on different occasions. HA! Big ones. I would literally have a heart attack if I came up on one while in the water. I have been on the boat and saw a huge one. Huge.

If I where to ever catch a good sized Hammerhead....Oh my GAWD! I would be a completely, completed man & also happy:)

Gigi, if you go back to the pic with the Lukester & his cousin fishing off the dock. Look just to the left of Luke & you will see the rod laying under the tie cleat on the dock.

Well Susan came to pick the three of us up & as usuall was distracting me from what was important. She was very good at this when we were married:)
Any way she was talking & I was listening as I reached down with out looking & picked up my rod under the cleat....my effort was met with a sick cracking, crunching sound:X There have been numerous other bad things that have been heeaped upon my head from Susan's distraction:D

Luke couldnt have a better Mom!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0612 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0612 (Large).JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 12
OH! Just spoke with St. Croix I am to send my rod along with $50.00 & they will fix or replace it. this is so super cool!! Now if I could just catch a Hammerhead!

John saw this guy yesterday, a Jewfish. Highly protected and apparently knew it, he was not worried John had a speargun hahhaha! We are going out again today to shoot some fish. The water is a tad bit cooler, might be my last weekend in the water till next summer. :(

Attachments

• PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 42
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 41
  • PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 42
That is a beautiful fish...very good picture. The first fish (grouper) I ever speared was on my scuba checkout dive trip in the Bahamas, 1971. It wasn't huge (maybe 15 lbs) but I remember that it gave me a bit of a ride before the little rodeo was over.

Re: your picture...how deep were you and what camera did you use to take the Jewfish shot? The lighting and resolution look good.

That is a beautiful fish...very good picture. The first fish (grouper) I ever speared was on my scuba checkout dive trip in the Bahamas, 1971. It wasn't huge (maybe 15 lbs) but I remember that it gave me a bit of a ride before the little rodeo was over.

Re: your picture...how deep were you and what camera did you use to take the Jewfish shot? The lighting and resolution look good.

Only about 7 feet, and I think it is the same camera you have. I think we bought it after seeing yours. It is a vivitar.

Good deal...I wondered. My Vivitar 6200 is still doing a good job for me. I got some underwater shots this summer of Hayden snorkeling...pretty cool for a 3 year old!!

I just sent this to youtube...here is Hayden snorkeling...captured with the Vivitar 6200.

He was calling "yo-yo" for my attention...it is a "family call" that is usually distinctive enough that it stands out when I need to get family attention in a crowded setting. He gets antsy and is trying to get the camera.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dtQKDzocsPA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dtQKDzocsPA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gary, Hayden is such a cutie! LOL Our 'yo-yo' is a whistle that's close to a bobwhite call. I hadn't used it for years, but saw my daughter at a store wayyyyyy across a bunch of people. Gave a whistle and it still worked! :D

Great pix. Sorry 'bout your rod, Jeff. Sorry 'bout your fish, Gigi. BUT....a shark's gotta eat, too.

I remember a HUGE hammerhead they pulled out of the area on Padre Island where I used to swim, that was the same year JAWS was released.

Back