On The Water

Took the ladyfriend out the other day for her first time fishing. I don't want to turn her into a master fisherman, just to be able to do something in the boat when we go out, so I got her a rod and reel and she did the rest.

Attachments

• P7030008.JPG
    P7030008.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 54
  • P7030012.JPG
    P7030012.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 54
Glad to see you got the bhote running again, Jeff. The new motor looks good.

You never told us how cute your girlfriend is. You two look very happy together. Good for you. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gangsta Spearfishing

I did it, shot my first hogfish today. John called me The Gangsta cause I did a drift (drive by) by shooting. We were drifting on the Atlantic side of the Seven Mile Bridge, http://www.panoramio.com/photo/938368 in about 7-12' of water. I am holding on to the ladder, John is on a rope and I saw one, popped him, barely leaving the ladder. John heard my gun go off and was right there to help if I needed it. I got him to the boat, got my gear off and took the fish off the spear. I was done for the day but John shot 6 more fish. What a great weekend. Mine is second from the left. Oh, and we got three lobster as well. John and Hillary will eat good all week!

Attachments

• IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0688.JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 44
Sounds like a fun day! I was hoping John would catch a picture of you 'in action'. Next time......

Does a spear gun have a 'kick'?

Good luck, Che, we've been trying to get the swimsuit photo for years. There is a little recoil from a spear gun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like a fun day! I was hoping John would catch a picture of you 'in action'. Next time......

Does a spear gun have a 'kick'?

The one I used yesterday only has two bands, is about 31 inches long and does not have a "kick". I tried John's a couple of weeks ago and it does have a good "kick" to it. His is 50 inches and has three bands, so I guess like any gun, the more powerful, the bigger the kick.

Lake Shannon. Swans don't seem to like me. Hell I was unarmed.

Attachments

• mix 07-08 112.jpg
    mix 07-08 112.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 8
I get a different impression...showing him their posteriors and leading into the fog where nobody can see. :lol:

Back