Off to Alabama...outstanding timing, eh?

Burnham

Woods walker
Not content to sit over here in beautiful sunny Oregon when the chance to flirt with a big mutha hurricane is in the offing, on Monday I fly off to Tuscaloosa to facilitate a FS treeclimbing instructor's workshop.

Actually, the workshop has been on the calendar for 6 months...I'm just lucky, eh?

Looks like I'll be on the eastern fringe at worst...but air travel may be a little bumpy. Hard to say though...could be windy and rainy...not the best conditions for training :(. I'll be there most of the week, fly home on Friday.

I should be able to log on, I'll have a laptop and my lodgings have wifi. I'll let y'all know how it fares.
8)

Seeing how there are no direct flights anymore, you will likely go through Cincinati, then down. You might go through DFW, but I doubt it wih the weather now.
Either way, I'm sure they will fly around most of it.
Have fun!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Itinerary calls for change of plane in DFW, then into Birmingham...car rental and a 1 hr. drive to Tuscaloosa. We shall see.

Return is through Chicago.

Have a nice trip .If you like southern BBQ you might want to take the time to look up Dream Lands ,which is a chain . Several in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa . The famous Whistle Stop cafe of the movie Fried green tomatoes is also just outside of Birmingham .

I had the bright idea that Alabama was flat land like northern Ohio for some dumb reason .I was dead wrong because there is not one flat spot in Birmingham unless you make one .

Have a good trip. Hope you don't struggle with the lingo there.

:lol: I can laugh because I've been there and know what he means...

Ditto, have a good one, a drive would be nice if you have the time to do it right.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All is well, friends. Flights were fine, no problems with connections, flying weaqther was great. Birmingham and Tuscaloosa are having lower 70's and partly cloudy skies tonight...looking good.

No lingo troubles for me...I was born and raised down south.

Moved away on purpose, too! :D

Back