O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Still scared of the size of the tree to warrant that kind of rigging. Plus big rigging=big wood=big saw=backache. Lets just put it this way "I'd rather not"

Talk to me about Spurs all day...all day cleaning storm bashed coconuts, chafe marks are just starting to fade...and my hands hurt. Boo hoo sniff.

I always just tighten the line first, then take wraps. Never noticed it flopping much...? You can get decent tension just buy sweating the line a bit first.

Agree with Sean on the ratchet straps. I've used my XL porty to negative block down some 800+ pounders out of a big oak here using Nystron 3/4" (and one slightly nervous rope monkey). Once the first one came down without a hitch, skid mark worries receded and we handled the rest like semi-pros.... :D

I always just tighten the line first, then take wraps. Never noticed it flopping much...? You can get decent tension just buy sweating the line a bit first.

The flop we're talking about is from the slack introduced into the line by the piece tipping over. The porty is upright, held by the tension put in the line, then it topples over as the line slacks, then rips back upright as the load hits it. I just prefer a stationary bollard when rigging out stuff over 1000#.

Back