O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

It's a GMK3060L. 60 metric tons. (tonnes?) 92,000-ish no jib, 97,000 with jib. Have to remove two counterweight plates to run CT. Shop is less than ten minutes from CT and they do a lot of work down there, so I'm sure they have it figured out. Yes, day permits required.

Keep us posted if you can, will ya? Maybe a work pic or what they think of it

He traded up quickly from last year's 40 ton, any idea why? My guess is the 40t made him so much money that he could afford to make even more money with the 60 t

Good info, thanks.

I think the beast pictured has a 150' boom:\:

haha!! And you too, that 85t/120t in your avatar needs to be in your yard!

If you were taking to me on that, unfortunately I don't have the time or mechanical expertise to buy a steal that needs work. I'm just going to keep subbing it out to my crane guy. His prices are fair and he'll make the profit that I would make on a given job if I owned the crane but I won't have the burden of ownership. I'm too old to jump into buying a crane. Waaa:whine:

He's not talking a mechanic's special, he's talking that rough terrains have a simpler more robust chassis, and since there's more of them you can buy them cheaper. Same level of quality/ functionalism, simply a used car rather than new type thing.

It’s clean, but there‘s a good nick about 5 or 6 feet in from one end and I don’t want 2 adjusters on a lanyard, or a DEDA. Tried it before and it’s a lot of stuff to carry. If I am carrying a climb line that’s not installed yet, it’s also my 2nd lanyard. If my TIP is already set, I rarely need a 2nd lanyard. I will use the pieces probably, aside from the spot with some severed strands, it does appear to have low mileage. Then it’ll leave a ~5’ piece that’ll make a fine friction saver, and a good ~15’ flip line.

I’m still surprised I won the auction, all that stuff was had for close to the price a new Zigzag alone.

Took a pic of the damage, it’s not that bad, I’m sure it’ll hold you, me, and Oprah, but still want to be able to put the Zillon on a shorter or longer lanyard.

0AD05DCE-72E1-4B63-97C8-2447BEC7AFD9.jpeg

Got a care package from @Jed and by extension @ruel today! Fresh out of the bath...

IMG_20200926_170255.jpg

It'll be interesting trying spliced hitch cord. I've used nothing but prusik loops so far. The whole thing's gonna require a rethinking on my setup, but I'm looking forward to checking it out. It's kinda icky out this weekend, but hopefully next week will be nice. Thanks guys!

Back