O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

My Swiss wife is somewhat anal about leaves in the fall.
I came out yesterday and she was raking the area in front of the house.
So I said, there are no less than 2 leafblowers here, why not use one of those.
Noisy, heavy, hard to start, was the answer.

Since I already have the battery system, I went electric.
Holy moly!

Light as a feather, blows like a Br600 and makes no more noise than a vaccuum cleaner.

Happy wife :) :) :)

Attachments

• 20220928_134219.jpg
    20220928_134219.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Did another sawmill search this morning on Craigslist.

Found a 2021 Woodland Mills 126 with the 14 horsepower engine with extra track (cuts 16' logs), extra belts, extra new blades, extra used blades, 6x6 treated timber frame and pier blocks for the mill to sit on, with 43 hours of run-time for $3500. New, they are $4100 for the mill and extension, plus shipping and tax.

Just got home with it.

The previous owner just retired from the Navy and is preparing to move to eastern WA, or Montana. Some shitty neighbors moved next door, several hundred feet away, and I could almost feel the bass from the speaker.

Excited.

I hope you got the sharpener for it as well. If not, you will need to. It pretty much is a stand alone that feeds it as it sharpens. Rob got his with his Woodland and it makes a difference having it. Only good for a few times before diminishing returns. But that's the way band mills are for the most part.

I posted the mill elsewhere, but here is the mill, edger, track loader, plus the grapple and forks that arrived today. I think it was posted before, but the Volvo grapple truck is in the background.

I need to get a barn built, but it’s hard to get a friggin quote. After the barn is built on another part of the property, the top of this hill is going to be brought down to the same grade as the house.
View attachment 119121View attachment 119119

Last week I sold the sawmill setup for an easy ~40% profit. I might buy another in the future, we'll see.

I guess he doesn't need ear protection anymore :^D

edit:
Oh, I just saw the last bit where he took plugs out. Didn't see them at first. That sounded painful.

Those 170s look cheap. The font on the badge, and the recoil grill look like a Chinesium knockoff. I realize it isn't far from the truth with those saws, but it looks like Stihl went out of their way to make them look non pro. The plastic looks extra plasticky too.

A good top handle saw is the best ROI of any piece of equipment a climber can buy. Even if you pay upwards of $1000, it doesn't matter. It pays for itself in 2 days and you can get many years of use from it. Im' still running a 200T that I held back when I sold my tree business, bought it new back when Stihl quit making them. To this day I've never owned a 201.

What I didn’t realize about the TC was it auto tunes…. We jump jobs between sea level and 3000’ often… with the yard at 2200’.
I doubt I ever will but legend has it you can attach the saw to your computer and read shit….

Last edited:
Back