O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

They still need to go to the laundry.... Ropes are just covered in DG, clay, pitch and soot from that step hill job that was also a fire zone... Ohhhh the muddy mess..... One more time up that hill to yard one set of tops out of that ditch and I can go wash them..... YUK. I feel for the laundry mat guy..

They still need to go to the laundry.... Ropes are just covered in DG, clay, pitch and soot from that step hill job that was also a fire zone... Ohhhh the muddy mess..... One more time up that hill to yard one set of tops out of that ditch and I can go wash them..... YUK. I feel for the laundry mat guy..

:thumbupold:

I will be up doing some mostly esthetic-based deadwooding this summer, when the spirit moves me...Wraptor makes it fun rather than work. Thinking about installing a rather nice tree-sit platform back in our woods that I relieved a protester of in the heydays of the timber wars :/:. Aluminum pipe frame, cargo net deck, 6'x10', hangs like a portaledge. One of the best I removed, by far (must of been, for me to hold on to it all these years :)). Should make a nice retreat for the lady and me, at about 75 feet, don't you think?

Yeah, retired after 32 years with the USFS, and loving it. I don't go to work, get paid a decent wage, have money in the bank, and do whatever seems like wants doing. That's my definition of rich :D.

I will be up doing some mostly esthetic-based deadwooding this summer, when the spirit moves me...Wraptor makes it fun rather than work. Thinking about installing a rather nice tree-sit platform back in our woods that I relieved a protester of in the heydays of the timber wars :/:. Aluminum pipe frame, cargo net deck, 6'x10', hangs like a portaledge. One of the best I removed, by far (must of been, for me to hold on to it all these years :)). Should make a nice retreat for the lady and me, at about 75 feet, don't you think?

Yeah, retired after 32 years with the USFS, and loving it. I don't go to work, get paid a decent wage, have money in the bank, and do whatever seems like wants doing. That's my definition of rich :D.
mine too....

Very nice. :)
I like the sound of that, :thumbright:
.....it'll be a few years for me though..... ;)

Sooner than you think. It's but a blink of the eye between your age and mine, looking back at it. Make plans, start yesterday.

Perfect!

Uhhh...seems to me the happy quotient for the average citizen in Cuba falls quite a bit short of mine, but I've never been there.
:|:

My comment is based on people in Cuba being reputed to be quite happy with their old cars and elevators that don't work, music, dance, rice and beans, and cigars. Generally happy with less than say most folks in more developed countries, but none the less happy. At least it is what I have read.

If that's the case, glad for them. But this Florida native knows that a whole lot have tried very hard, and plenty have died in the trying, to leave that happy isle behind over the last 30+ years or so.

Not to derail nor start a needlessly political discussion here, just an observation :).

You make an undeniable point. It does bring to mind a certain fellow expatriate, a Mr. Jenkins....formerly Sergeant Jenkins, that now resides in the same country that I do. His claim to fame is that he is an individual that when in the US army, decided that raising his hands with a white flag while scurrying across the demilitarized zone in order to defect to North Korea, would be a good idea. Something about the North at first looking at him curiously and not believing that he would truly want to do that. Apparently at some point he was able to come to some better senses about the wisdom in his actions. By hook or by crook he was able to get out of the place after many years.

Specifically about Cuba, I wouldn't deny that the people I've read that write about the place with the more glowing terms, seem to have a certain romantic fascination with the culture.

The culture is without question both rich and attractive. The people are beautiful, magnificent even; I challenge anyone to show me more lovely women than Cuba in all her mix of races has produced, and athletically gifted?...no discussion required. The land no less so. Music to die for. Food also.

It beggar's the mind to contemplate what that island nation could have been today with a government that had proved more supportive to it's people and resources.

Full-bore derail now in progress :lol:.

Last edited:
Re-Rail (is that a word?)

Received today...150' lime green 11.5mm Tachyon, with an eye splice, so I can finally ditch the termination knot on my HC setup.

First smaller diameter rope, looking forward to trying it out. Hope the HRC transitions well to it from my old XTC.
Might actually cut my XTC even shorter to use for little tree climbing, its 95 now, maybe 70 or so...

Back