O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

From what I understand they sell for more. I think this man didn't really know what he had, and I sure wasn't going to tell him. I can throw it on this tractor forum dedicated to these tractors, I wouldn't be surprised if I got minimum twice of what I paid, maybe three times.

Yah that's cool. I'm doing some tractor shopping right now too. I need something big enough to load sand into my plow truck though.

I notice that too Steve. I wanna see the drive system. Looks like you could crank it if you had to. IF you do crank it, always do it on the UP stroke only!!! I know, trust me!!!

Ahh I gotchya. Ya, the motor's are almost turned "backwards" from the usual. Get the extra PTO on the front. There is three PTO's, front mount, center mount, and rear mount. I found the guy I sold my rare rear mount PTO and tiller to and he still has it, and he'll sell it back to me.

This was my last decent one, just in Allis Chalmers decals.

B-10withPlow.jpg

There's an A-C like that sitting on the side of the road for sale a few miles from here, only it looks like it's in better shape. Didn't know there was such a following of those old machines.

What were you using before Justin?

I had an arrangement with a dude were I had a pile of sand right in the middle of town and used his skid-steer to load with. Now that arrangement seems over.

Brian unfortunately the mini comes nowhere near to high enough to load sand into the hopper of my plowtruck.

You could build a dirt ramp with ties at the high end and use your mini couldn't you?

Barely, and then it would take forever to load up the 2yards and I'd probably have to turn the truck around as well to load evenly. I would have to build up quite high in order to reach far enough over the side of the truck to actually dump into the hopper too. The hopper doesn't come to the sides of the box.

Orrrr I could buy a decent sized tractor like I'm going to need for a bazillion other things on my new place too. Don't forget Brent I'm nearly a poor farmer now too. Lol.

I use my Kubota for the task that Justin mentions. 38hp, hydrostatic transmission. Not a huge machine, but very versatile and nice to have on jobs where access can be tight, a little less than 6 feet wide at the rear tires. With a farmi winch and a brush grapple it makes for a hefty little mini-skidder.

L3830, don't know exactly what that would correspond to today. Mine is a 2003.

I may have my sand issues sorted. A guy I know has a 'rock' business and all his equipment sits all winter. I'd rather not shell out for a tractor going into this winter, feeling a little tapped and not really looking to break the bank.

Back