O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Nice!

We had one of those saws at work. Nice unit, except the holes wallow out where the push button is. We have a zubat now, thing snaps blades like a champ. I never had a problem snapping blades with my Zubats in the past, I've broken three on the polesaw.

Interesting, I'll keep an eye on that. I won't use it very much, but when I do need it, I'll be nice. I've got several hundred dollars in polesaw work currently, which prompted the purchase.

Did it come with ramps carl? What's behind the license plate, where the pins are holding that plate on?

Sweet you can fit the mini on the truck still. I was wondering.

You should put a little wax on that thing.

It had ramps, but you can see how they mounted, which wouldn't work for the mini. Also the ones the dude had were ~6', and they wouldn't work on the mini, thus it wasn't worth going back for to me.

I believe I can put the mini on lengthways or sideways on the bed. 8)

Wax the trailer? :lol: I'm hoping the pressurewasher can cut the stickers off. Waxing is a bit extreme!

B, the hinged plate where the tag is mounted is a door to access the ramp storage. The trailer came with ramps but Carl didn't want them, he's going to make his own.

Yeah, I'll make another set eventually, my current ramps still work fine, but I might want some longer ones. We'll see. Also Treesmith said he wants a set at some point.

One sweet set up for sure Carl. Now you'll need to get some pics of that bad boy all loaded up :D

Thanks, and that can be arranged! Hopefully later in the week. 8)

That's a hell of a rig. The crane guy pulls his little mini jeep behind the 25 ton crane. Scoots home from jobs and leaves the crane. Sometimes that crane doesn't see it's home port for quite awhile.

I do that from time to time on big jobs. Pressuming I keep the trailer, I'll have to build a roll off setup for the truck instead of the dump bed I was planning for. Much more work getting it designed, more money to build, and more time to build it; just like a project is supposed to be :|:

Carl, no need to send the tag back. It will be expired in a few more weeks and I sold the trailer it was on anyway. It will make a nice shop decoration.

Very kind of you indeed. :thumbup: Drove past all 4 perm. scales on the way back, no issues.

Regarding the weight, with me and a full tank of fuel:
Steer: 4.4k/6k
Rear: 6.1k/13.5k
Trailer: 7.1k/20k
Total: 17.6k/39.5k

Before the roll off comes the grapple(s) for the tractor to load the trailer. Thinking a grapple bucket and dangle grapple, need to convert it from Bushhog's mounting system to the common Quicktach.

MS gives you a week or two to get a tag. Florida wants you to pay $2 for a temp tag, but when I got the trailer it was too late to pick one up. I was going to drive back tagless, but Brian graceously offered his tag up.

Or was your problem with the zip ties? :lol:

Listing the trailer for sale now, we'll see what happens with that. If I can't make a considerable profit, I'm keeping it. :evil:

Brad started out asking $9500 for that trailer. I forgot what he said he paid for it new but I think it was $14K-$16K.

The next big purchase was going to be building a dump bed this winter then a 20" chipper next spring. Now it's up in the air.

Locally, with tax, that trailer is around $18.2k. I called the company that sold him the trailer, they said $11.5k (w/o tax or any other added costs). I have the price at $10.5k.

the bike I found, and the one behind it, my barely used, 10 year old lightweight bike.

Attachments

• IMAG0143.jpg
    IMAG0143.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
LJ, hope so. But as I said, the dumpster it was laying against is in full view of one of the condo security cameras, no question the super will know its me if they go looking, I wont hesitate to hand it back if asked.

Some of you probably remember that nice knife that was tipped to me from a customer. CRKT . Unfortunately I lost it off my saddle the other day.. :(
So I was at that customers place and asked him if I could buy a knife as I lost the one he gave me. I came home with 3 :lol: He kept coming out with more knives :lol:
He gave me one... Then I paid for two off my invoice.. ;)
3 for $25.00 :D
The Puma is a German one :) I guess they are made in the US now.

Attachments

• DSC_0601.JPG
    DSC_0601.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0602.JPG
    DSC_0602.JPG
    933.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0600.JPG
    DSC_0600.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Back