O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Ah, yeah. I was wonderin how/why you managed to machine all that into the flywheel :lol: Makes sense now though. Kohler does the same thing on their shafts that run hydro pumps and such, large diameter pilot, press in the correct splined bushing, and stake it with hardened dowels.

:lol: I told Willie about my experience adjusting the coupler's length. It has a pin and 2 set screws that lock it in place, this is my first time with such an endevor, and it's dark out.

I loosened the screws and got the pin pulled out easy enough, and I started jacking the trailer up with the landing gear. I cranked and cranked, the coupler slid up a few inches, and I cranked some more and more. After a while I stopped because I was getting a tired of cranking. Wasn't really sure what was going on, but the coupler hadn't extended much recently.....

Turned out I had lifted the back tires of the truck a solid 5-6" off the ground! :lol: Weight wise that was like having 36klbs on the landing gear (4500lbs, 8' ahead of the gear), glad to know I'm not the delicate flower I thought I was.

Thanks for all the complements, fellas. :)

Anywho, here it is in the driveway where I parked this morning at 230. There's also a lil somethin extra that came while I was gone, friggin love it too! Sean tried to talk me into the other one because it was cheaper and lighter, but I don't care what tools cost (within reason), and I'm a grown boy, so to speak. ;) Very nice purchases, IMO.
196ffca1.jpg

Now for those distant jobs, you just drive the Civic in and piggyback....You could load the Civic, the mini, and the small stump grinder......:lol:

:lol:

The mini can still ride on the truck, and I might could fit the grinder and lift in there, but I doubt it. Grinder and tractor should be doable though.

Nice!

We had one of those saws at work. Nice unit, except the holes wallow out where the push button is. We have a zubat now, thing snaps blades like a champ. I never had a problem snapping blades with my Zubats in the past, I've broken three on the polesaw.

Did it come with ramps carl? What's behind the license plate, where the pins are holding that plate on?

Sweet you can fit the mini on the truck still. I was wondering.

You should put a little wax on that thing.

B, the hinged plate where the tag is mounted is a door to access the ramp storage. The trailer came with ramps but Carl didn't want them, he's going to make his own.

That's a hell of a rig. The crane guy pulls his little mini jeep behind the 25 ton crane. Scoots home from jobs and leaves the crane. Sometimes that crane doesn't see it's home port for quite awhile.

Back