NW Mn

Husabud

TreeHouser
Is there any one of you guys in the Northwest of Mn? I am looking at a chip truck and would really like a non biased opinion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
20 min from Grand Forks. I think Crookston.
Hmm now that I type that, maybe I should think twice.:lol:
I thought about Dave.

I was thinking about getting that truck too!! At $14k its a steel IMO. I love that Aluminum box!! Make sure that the guys that did the injectors and head gasket also did the head bolts which I would think they did. I like it because its under CDL. Rust would be another consern of mine.....

Search his user name too. See if he was ever having any other problems with it. I know he was recently talking about the engine, but he mentions that was fixed in the ad.

I spoke with both Sam and his mechanic and it has been repaired. They did a thorough job. I trust them both, but would be happy with another opinion before I make the trek.

Ha Brendon you can't have one of everything!

That looks like a sweet rig. A shame to let it/keep it so dirty.

Trust me, i wish i had less! Life was simpler with a truck, chipper, and a mini. But thats too much work so i have to have all the extras. Damnit.:whine:

So, was it you who committed, bud?

Yeah. I'll drop it by for the full polish when I get back.:D

We are in agreement about a third party, so if I can find someone, I'll be happy. Otherwise I am flying out in a week or so to do it myself and hopefully bring it back East.

Ive been on the fence about running up there to fish the wilderness boundary waters. For a minute, I had a solid excuse to go.

I was thinking about getting that truck too!! At $14k its a steel IMO. I love that Aluminum box!! Make sure that the guys that did the injectors and head gasket also did the head bolts which I would think they did. I like it because its under CDL. Rust would be another consern of mine.....
:thumbup:

Here is what was done to that truck this spring.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374110949.112042.jpg

From the mechanics website, and after speaking to the tech who worked on it I am confident it is mechanically sound.
The owner bought it three yrs ago in Fl and it has been in a barn from Oct-April, less emergency work.
I really hope it is all he says it is.

One thing that should have been done while they were in there was a fitting at the HPOP. Its become standard to do it when doing 6.0 headbolts and EGR delete. But, I wouldnt stress it. Id buy it. Don't tempt to to fly up and fish and hitch a ride home. I'll do it, but it will cause havoc in the home for me to pull that stunt last minute. I should though.

Oct-apr. now that's a short season. No winter work? Pruning?

Up here that truck would be the deal of a lifetime.

I'm my small experience with the 6.0. The cat elc antifreeze has been the best stuff. Not familiar with the shell that they are specing. But Everyone that I've talked to has had good luck with the cat antifreeze!

Also recommend a scangauge to monitor your oil and water temp difference.

A little more 6.0 advice. Take it or leave it. Use motorcraft oil filters. many of the aftermarket filters are not the correct size and are too small. On a 6.0, there is a trap door that needs to be pushed down by the oil filter, and that is what allows it to flow properly. With a lesser filter, that door isn't closed all the way and you get half filtration constantly.

Watch....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h0Qxec77uIs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good to know! Thanks Chris. I think I will be putting a relocation kit on.

Well,it seems as though now he has received payment, in the form of a substantial deposit, he is keeping this rig until Sept. Apparently this is more convenient for him. I think I should reduce the cost by a certain percentage. What do you think?

Back