No Crane No Problem. Redneckin' it in Shoreline!!

I'd check it out but after being banned by some worthless prick for doing nothing more than having a differing opinion, they can kiss my rosey red ass. Ha. Think of the abuse they've missed over the years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't like dropping the log on the roof, especially with that fella right there to grab it.

;)

Agreed. Pat's groundie is young and dumb, but he is learning. And Pat is fast..and occasionally a tad careless. I would have had the helper catch and carry each section...easier, no bending over, and less chance of hurting the roof--which was fine.

Pat got careless with a locust Tuesday. Getting it off the house he did a bit of extra damage plus whacked a fence. But insurance covered the extra as they didn't know about it. He told me he should have called me, to see if I could have brought over the GRCS. I was out bidding, but would have dropped everything and motored right over....

I have to laugh at those AS clowns, going on about ladders... and the roof. No freaking way would We have wanted to be bothered to find and use a roof tie in. First there was absolutely nothing to tie to... and with all the tree stuff there, no way to get around.... and, one would have to fall down and be pushed to fall off that roof.

41 years of tree work and the only time an OSHA guy ever had anything to say, was when he moseyed over from a construction site across the street to ask where our signage and cones were...and to comment on my lack of chaps. I told him chaps aren't required aloft, and that we had a borrowed truck on short notice as mine was broken down. He whined and beat feet.

And another......

I'd left the GRCS behind, because I didn't look close when I bid it, didn't notice the top had broken... thought it was balanced on the roof, which meant I could have cut the butt out a ways, where it would have just hit the ground.....and the top would have stayed put.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1UmUTmwlRZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm pretty sure I posted this challenge last fall...but here it is again, for any who missed it.....I'm glad that was Patrick up there!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uVujj7GSgP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MA is awesome.. Amazing what your guy could lift.
Think I would have put a tag line on it though... But like you said.. You thought you did not need it. Guy was light on his feet expecting the unexpected.

I had a tag line on it. But was holding a camera, not the line... and was thinking it would be for swinging the log off the roof---didn't recognize that the line sideload would do the job for us.

Back