New Tribe Saddles

2012-09-12_17-46-36_467.jpg 2012-09-12_17-46-18_475.jpg
I think they're running it this way. I haven't climbed with mine like this yet.

So did you acquire a new bridge with clevises from NT, then cut the original rings off? Or source clevises somewhere else and reuse the original bridge?

I just got my saddle in March of this year and it came with the clevises, I'd be happy to take a couple close-ups of them if you like.

Ahhh...easy mod then. Mine, which is definitely a 1st generation Nikosi, came with solid rings, and I'm pretty sure there isn't enough room in the stitched loop ends for a clevis to fit if one cut off the rings.

No need for a pic, I gotcha, but thanks!

feel free to use what I have posted, dont know how professional those pics would look though....

Thanks guys! Your reviews are great. I will talk to Sophie about plugging The Treehouse today.

I've always been a big fan of New Tribe harnesses, going back a very long time....but the first gen Nikosi didn't find favor with me. Perhaps the new version would suit better, I don't know. So if you're after positives on New Tribe in general and the ProGear in specific, you can easily find quotes by me in numerous threads here, and feel free to use them. If it's only the Nikosi you're pushing, no joy :).

Hey Masterblaster, We will plug The Treehouse! Would it be okay for our dealers to plug your site too?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can use anything I say too. So far I like my treefox a lot. Nice and light and packs tight. I've been using it for quick climbs where it's just a couple limbs at a time and light prunes. I'd like to give a nikosi a shot sometime. Got a long way to go before the edge is retired though..

You guys should put a little card with details for 'The House with your saddles...

"Talk Trees at the Treehouse!
masterblasterhome.com"

We are pretty New Tribe Friendly here so I am sure it wouldnt hurt business. Additionally, you guys could offer up one or two of any future products to be sent around through the membership for feedback and review. At the end you get a nice used product to torture test or add to the NT Museum. It could be a win/win!

I know they sent the Nikosi around, I was thinking we could build off that into a further symbiotic relationship.

We are always looking to increase our membership, and NT always needs more good press like any company...

Just a thought.

I just sent my Nikosi back to you guys and you sent me the new version.... Pretty cool, thanks. I have wondered several times what you will do with it? Maybe I should have signed it with a Sharpie before I sent it back just I case I become a world famous tree climber.

Today was actually a bad day for my Nikosi. We were working in a very dark backyard and i just dropped my gear at the base of the first tree of the day. After setting my climbing line, I stepped in a fresh pile of dog poo. I started to look closely at the ground around me and realized I was in the middle of a mine field. My heart sunk as I walked over the pick up my saddle. Yep! I placed it directly on top of a mine. It was not a real fun day of climbing for me.

Feel free to use that story if you like :-)

Back