New Tribe Saddles

Adam_P

TreeHouse WebMaster
I sold my 4d saddle and I'm going to pick up a new tribe as a backup/rec saddle. It's gonna be either a yellow jacket, or the progear ii. Anyone run either of them? I saw Nick's yellow jacket review but I'm not sure how I feel about the soft d's

Any input on any other NT saddles would help too..

Big ProGear fan here. Great value for the dollar, will last a long time and be as comfortable a saddle as you'll ever wear. Small drawback in the single fixed attachment point for your lifeline, but overall a fine saddle.

I didn't find the soft D's as bad as I expected when I tried out a Tengu, but prefer the large size steel D's.

If you are looking at getting one for rec and as a backup, I would get the Yellowjacket. I would love one that packs down like that one for hiking it into the woods. I don't see the soft D's on my Tengu as a problem and I actually miss them now that I climb in the Nikosi. I think of the YJ and PG as two totally different saddles serving two totally different markets. I think you need to decide what you mainly want it for and then buy the YJ for mainly rec use or get the PG for backup work saddle.

I have a nikosi, got a pro gear for one of my guys, kid saddle for my kids and a tree fox for my hunting saddle. They work

Is that Tree Fox anything special? I thought that delta cover was kind of cool at first. They should sell that as an accessory for any of their saddles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's like a new tribe clut around here.. :lol:

Thanks for all the feedback guys I think we have a winner here:

I think you need to decide what you mainly want it for and then buy the YJ for mainly rec use or get the PG for backup work saddle.

I'm always looking for a way to justify to myself why I need MORE stuff. This is perfect!

I didn't even know about the treefox either so I'll probably snag that first. I do like to climb in the woods around my house a lot. I have a stream in the back yard and I need to get a 300lb b&b green giant arborvitae over there. I'm gonna rig it over and into the hole I dug yesterday. A saddle in a bag would be a lot easier to carry over there than my edge.

If you have to justify new purchases, maybe you need a rec saddle AND a backup work saddle. Just get two and be done with it.

It is amazing how many people here swear by New Tribe. I was at the WAA summer conference last month and the speaker there (9 time WAA TCC champ) didn't even know NT was still making saddles.

I just can't get over how good mine looks after all these years.

I do hang a bit different than your supposed to though. It feels much better on my legs. I hang from the attachment point between the legs, as opposed to the pear link or triangle link. Try it out.

Attachments

• doc503ff36281df99847613282.jpg
    doc503ff36281df99847613282.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 28
I have a nikosi, got a pro gear for one of my guys, kid saddle for my kids and a tree fox for my hunting saddle. They work

I got mine when it was called the Flak Jacket. Treefox is probably a better marketing name.

If you have to justify new purchases, maybe you need a rec saddle AND a backup work saddle. Just get two and be done with it.

When I originally read it I think I subliminally replaced the or with and...funny how that works. :)

New tribe nikosi saddles on sale at treestuff all sizes,

damn I would have gotten one too

treefox is already in the mail I'm sure I'll be happy with it

Wow, I kinda want to get one.

Did you try the free one that made the rounds here at the House?

I wanna try your pro gear, I couldn't believe the small rope bag it fits into, with rope!

Nick I got it direct from newtribe. I wanted the treefox and treestuff only has the YJ. No biggie I don't NEED another work saddle that's just a damn good deal.

I have a new wrench and all the stuff to liger my edge coming from TS today anyway :)

Back