New Tribe Saddles

I would think twice about getting the Nikosi from Treestuff. Newtribe has modified the saddle and it is very possible that Treestuff is clearing out the older version.

What changes? I just got a new one from NT because my old bridge was waring out. The new one has bow shackles instead of the rings. The back pad was also slightly different. Anything besides those changes?

looks like us old school nikosi riders can easily convert? or is there something that I am missing that would prevent it from working?

I dont see any major differences in the basic design so I think it should work to convert an older model, I wonder if the bridge is a different length?

I made the modification this weekend to my Nikosi so it looks like this updated version. It took some adjusting to get it so it wouldn't tip me over backwards but once I found the sweet spot I must say it is an improvement. I have to wear the back pad real low on my hips with this version and noticed that it does not ride up at all like all other new tribes do. I only climbed for 3 hours on it but so far, I'm leaving it like this. I left the tether and O ring on just incase I want to go back to the original design.

Gonna try that with mine too. Good idea to keep the old tether and ring on. Does that seem to get in the way? I am sure it does a little but hopefully its not too bad in the short term.

Gonna try that with mine too. Good idea to keep the old tether and ring on. Does that seem to get in the way? I am sure it does a little but hopefully its not too bad in the short term.

Like I said I only climbed for a few hours but I didn't notice it getting in the way. I actually clipped my lanyard into it a few times and found it nice as an extra place to clip into. If I stick with this set up I will probably cut it off eventually.

Hey guys, New Tribe here. Could we get your permission to use your reviews and photos for promotion of the Nikosi saddle?

You're going to have to approach each individual seperately, whiz...none of us can speak for the forum membership as a whole.

Feel free to use what I say, however I want some free goodies if you use a quote.... maybe some saddle bags or something;)

Late to the party but I'll add a thumbs up fro the Progear....and I choose the small Ds for whatever that may be worth.

Thanks Burnham! I just wanted to put it out there and hopefully get individuals to give
me an okay.

Also, a big thank you to Masterblaster and EMR. You guys rock!

Back