New gear

As I understand it the zig-zag does not work SRT, only on a doubled rope.

The hitchless pulley rack will work SRT, I think by virtue of the fact that the headstock is somewhat different and a bit longer, so that
you have more of a mechanical advantage.

surveyor could you patent and/or sell yours or would you be liable for patent infringement?

ranger no doubt about feeling better than a sj. I love mine but it's definitely not for anyone who likes stability/simplicity.

That being said the zz looks a little busy too. I'd be interested to see how it goes up against a uni or surveyors rack. Both those will do double duty ddrt/srt and are midline attachable.

I'd love to ride a zz just for fun but I'll be passing on it too

Adam, Since the ZZ and my P/R are functionally so much alike I would probably be precluded from a device patent. My headstock may be different enough to patent by itself, and the wearing (STEEL) part is also easily replaced with an all steel master chain link. My P/R is quite rope specific and has a very similar sit-back as a conventional hitch, and I suspect the ZZ is very similar also.

Gordon

I dont ever undo my primary hitch while in the tree working drt. Do you?

Yup. Every once in a while I get the hankerin' for a different hitch. Sometimes I notice it is grabbing too tight or something. I'll go ahead and re-tie it. But that is only once in a while. Regardless, I don't like being limited and I don't like threading my rope through devices. What if you have a rope with a splice on each end? What if it has a snap spliced into each end?

I have a feeling if they went the route to make this thing midline attachable, it'll end up looking like a Unicender.

Still, I'm sure they'll sell a bunch of them. Looks new and cool.

love
nick

Back