Need help choosing a saw

Still keeping my eyes open and my hopes strong for a clean, well cared for 064 someday though. I learned a lot about this business with an 064 in my hands when I worked for a guy that taught me the most about the trade itself and not just the labor. He had one in the garage in good shape that he rarely used. He often would jump from his 044 right to a 660, bypassing his 460 and 064. I made that 064 my pet. That dog would bark with a 24" bar in some hard wood.

Howl at the moon, even :D.

I'll will you mine when I can no longer pull it over, Chris :). You'll have to supply your own shorty bar, mine has a 32" on it.

I'll hold you to that B. I never ran one in hard wood with a longer bar. Not because I didn't think it could, but because all saws at that company had a 24" bar outside of the 660, and I vaguely remember the boss wanting the 660 and its bar/chain combo left alone. He was a very skilled faller. Residential tree work doesn't seem to be over flowing with skilled fallers, but he was an exception to that. With that in mind, we pulled a LOT of big fat tall trees against their lean into a perfect lay. Needless to say, the boss always wanted the 660 left alone. He wanted to ensure that it ran true and cut straight any time he reached for it.

I think the throttle has to be released before the ignition is shut down when tapping the switch or you could have a lot of accidental shutdowns at WOT in the wood. I'll test my 562 today to see if this is the case.
I tried this today on my 562 and found tapping the switch shuts the engine down at any rpm. I noticed there is a ridge of plastic alongside the master control switch built into the air filter cover that would prevent any accidental shutdowns.
And speaking of that tree I took down today it was a tough old DED American elm, so tough I had to get my 372XP out to finish the job:D

I grabbed my 372 out recently and while it isn't my go to anymore, my love affair for that tool will never go away. That was always my favorite.

Back