My next employee

Cross trained and everything... You'd need to buy him some safety glasses... and I seriously doubt that vine is rated for 22.5kN.

I don't get how they deal with the bees and stinging and stuff... immune? ...to pain?

probably some jungle narcotic, he needs it to do what he does...see the wife and kids just swatting bees??? lol, but I'm wondering if it was a species of stingless bees, they don't seem to be really bothering them, and they do produce honey as well. either that or they are just all high ;)

Supposedly Khat makes you fearless, maybe that's what they use.

"OK, we have ropes, ascenders and advanced rigging gear for our cameraman, would you climb up that tree old school for us? What this hat with a mesh face shield? That's so the camera man doesn't get stung by the bees. You want one too? Oh, I'm sorry that wouldn't be very authentic. What was that last word you used, my translating phone doesn't know that one?"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
those arent stingless bees. He was rubbing the smoke into his sweat, which helps. Looks like a lot of jungle nats to.....Im sure he was feeling the sting.

mutant type fitness,...I doubt they were high. Chopping steps up that tree is core, heck, holstering your axe over neck and climbing is even more core

how in the world did he spot that hive from 40 meters away?

those arent stingless bees. He was rubbing the smoke into his sweat, which helps. Looks like a lot of jungle nats to.....Im sure he was feeling the sting.

mutant type fitness,...I doubt they were high. Chopping steps up that tree is core, heck, holstering your axe over neck and climbing is even more core

how in the world did he spot that hive from 40 meters away?

the ones on his back, those were the ones i though might be sweat bees? anyway you cut it, the dude is far tougher than ANY of us.

I wonder how he descends.....jus hucklebuck back down?

Once he ripped the comb out....bees mode changes a little. They will start eating the honey...albeit you will still get stung though. They will go for the co2 in your breath. Whatever he was burning to create the smoke Im sure helps ALOT!

The other part I thought was interesting was, they were chowing down on the "brood" comb, has some honey but also larve......who knows, might be tasty

on second though.....maybe he did take a few bong rips before heading up

I had a dog once, who loved eating pieces of cone with drone larvae.

Rich in protein, I guess.

Hmm typical dog .If it smells bad and looks nasty they like it .FWIW I had a cocker spaniel that liked cow chit and a German shepard that lked cat poop .Go figure .

Just think though - with the proper training and gear, Tete'd rawk as a production climber! And I'd imagine he'd have no problem relocating to a house with a regular paycheck. Get the hell outta the jungle, lol.

Regarding finding the nest.

In China, hornet larva are a delicacy. They will wait for a hornet to be destracted with cutting up a larger insect and slip a tiny string with a piece of white feather on it. The hornet doesn't notice, it flys back to the nest with the piece of dinner, and the feather makes it easier to follow.

Back