My new(ish) saw

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
090 update

Ok, so finally got the old girl fitted up with a Alaskan mill, made up an auto-oiler mounted on the mill, (as she is manual oiler), and been out milling, checking it out for glitches. Back home, had to fit a shear pin into the oiler hole I drilled on the tip-end, to control direction of flow into the hole. The vibes kept shaking the oil pipe away from the feedhole. Sooooo now she's up, running and pulls like a train!! :D
And the best bit was when Blue rang me while I was milling, so I just answered the phone, and dropped it by the saw at full revs, gave him a good earfull of Stihl Power :evil:

Attachments

• DSCF1125 (Small).JPG
    DSCF1125 (Small).JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF1120 (Small).JPG
    DSCF1120 (Small).JPG
    72 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF1122 (Small).JPG
    DSCF1122 (Small).JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 42
What kinda feet per minute (or whatever measurements you islanders use) do you get with the log in the first picture?

Lookin good for sure!

What kinda feet per minute (or whatever measurements you islanders use) do you get with the log in the first picture?

Lookin good for sure!

I didnt think to time it Carl, but now you've raised it I'm gonna have to see. I know it seemed to cut like a knife thru butter tho, but it is Thuja, I just wanted to see how it all ran.

sweet, im gonna pick up my alaska mill today, my dealer said they do oil by themselves, the manual oiler is for extra oil. told me i didnt need the extra oiler so i opted out.

Awesome, Andy! Alaskan milling is fun.

Willie, if you're going to be using a long bar for milling I strongly recommend rigging up an auxiliary oiler.

36 inch, they didnt think id need it but did say to try it out. i sure dont want to be pumping on that lousy thing!

I'm thinking of importing (from the US) a decent length bar for the ol 090. Can anyone comment on the Woodsman Pro bars? Seeing as these are an unknown in the UK. Looking for a 4-5foot bar, anyone got a good secondhand I can make a deal on? Must run .404 chain. :D

Back