My first tree removal vid.

• Thread starter Nails
  • Start date
  • Replies 74
  • Views 7K
No issue of mine, but others here and there will razz/roast you over it.

As long as you know what you're risking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okay, have you ever tried finding a nice big sturdy crotch in your tree over an open LZ away from the house to lower stuff over the house from?

Generally that works better than lowering stuff onto or just next to the home.

That was a nice fine tree with lots of good structure well away from the house that I would have lowered from.

So my question is why were your lowering points so close to the house?

jomoco

Yes, I have.

If we are picking with a GRCS, we find a high/strong central point to make all our pics from if possible. We utilize the vertical strength of the central crotch instead of putting side pull on a limb crotch.

I get what people are saying about free climbing and all but in oak loaded with branches, its nearly impossible to fall out of. I set lines in a lot of my trees but not all and seldom on a removal. I prefer to take my saw with me rather than having put on a line once I get to my TIP.

Good work. Two hours and out, you can't beat that. Every job should be that way, assuming it paid well.

As for the GRCS Butch, they were tip tying and lifting branches to vertical. You can't do that with a porty. I assume Nails could have done that tree fine without a GRCS but its a time to practice what it can do for you and to get your groundie used to the device as well.

No issue of mine, but others here and there will razz/roast you over it.

As long as you know what you're risking.

That's alright, it's what freedom is all about.

I get what people are saying about free climbing and all but in oak loaded with branches, its nearly impossible to fall out of. I set lines in a lot of my trees but not all and seldom on a removal. I prefer to take my saw with me rather than having put on a line once I get to my TIP.

Good work. Two hours and out, you can't beat that. Every job should be that way, assuming it paid well.

As for the GRCS Butch, they were tip tying and lifting branches to vertical. You can't do that with a porty. I assume Nails could have done that tree fine without a GRCS but its a time to practice what it can do for you and to get your groundie used to the device as well.

Yep OM, that's how it was, exactly.

As for the GRCS Butch, they were tip tying and lifting branches to vertical. You can't do that with a porty.

So, pulleys (along with butt-heavy hitching) weren't allowed? :what:

Yeah, I get it MB, I'm just not asking for approval. I made the call.

Just be aware that others are watching, perhaps newbies. What they see you do is what they presume to be correct/the right way and, hopefully, they will learn from watching you. You MUST set a standard.

It's all good. :drink:

I'm happy to be here with my brothers talking this shit.

Just be aware that others are watching, perhaps newbies. What they see you do is what they presume to be correct/the right way and, hopefully, they will learn from watching you. You MUST set a standard.

It's all good. :drink:

I'm happy to be here with my brothers talking this shit.

Got it Butch. Just be ready for another, I'm cooking one up this weekend if the chips fall right. This time I'm the groundman.

It was fun guys, I enjoy your feedback. Gotta go, got's timber to fall in the morning, yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa.

hay nails were in WI are you from. Cool vids.

Salutations fellow Wisconsonite! I am from Stanley. I have a friend named Nate Dog in Appleton that I am going to help cut some wood this summer. Load the Scout and the trailer up for some offroading fun.

Not quite, my bud is a white redneck and not a member of the NWA.

nice job on the oak nails. I hate climbing in the cold . Im sure that was a motivator to get out of the tree so fast. keep shootin the vids.

nice job on the oak nails. I hate climbing in the cold . Im sure that was a motivator to get out of the tree so fast. keep shootin the vids.

Yep DD, cold is the great motivator, well, that and pizza. Thanks.

Back