My First All Me Tree

Gauge

TreeHouser
Hey guys, my mentor turned my lose today in a smaller River Birch and said "Get it done". It wasn't anything crazy, had to rope a few stems off and drop the top. Also had to rig up on both trunks to pull them over in a smallish drop zone. Everything went good, no damage and it was done in a timely manner. It felt good.
Me In My First Tree Alone.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh yeah, the lanyard and my rope is just above my head in a crotch on the back side.

I have been using the alt method with 2 lanyards on evergreens and real stemy stuff too. I like just flipping 1 lanyard above the other then taking the bottom lanyard off.

I only used the 200T on the stems larger than my fist, we got some Silky's and they are ridiculous. I hardly ever had to even crank the 200T. Best hand saw I have ever used. We have the Zubats and they rock.

Uh-huh...cool how it matches the hairline.:/:

I know right, it's hard to keep up with the times LOL. I think I am going to try and by myself one anyways, if I can swing it next week. I think the owner is buying the huge husqy helmets and I think I would rather have something snug like a Petzl or Kasq

I have a Rockman big clunker helmet, probably like the Husky you mention. I don't like it in the trees too much. Your idea to get a sleeker helmet makes sense to me.

I'll grab the Rockman on the ground when bucking wood or felling a tree or spar...but in the tree it is not my choice.

Back