Mud Truck Thread!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a beefy kinda fella.

Think I found a good deal on my tires, depending on how it goes, $137.50 per tire, delievered to Memphis. 53x16x20's, 400lbs per tire!

Guy sent me some pictures and a short description:
1.-33x9.50x15 BFG ATs
2.-283 SBC rebuilt
3.-LT95 from a 101 FC
4.-NOS salsbury rear axle
5.-NOS stage one front axle
6.-saginaw power steering
7.-power brakes
8.-parabolic springs (3 leaf rears)
9.-3.54 gears
10.-northern aluminum radiator
11.-painless wiring
12.-aluminum door tops
13.-IPF headlamps

Truck would include the hard top.

#3 means a transmission from a 'forward control' land rover
#5. means an axle from a 'stage 1 land rover. Built right before the defender 110.

Might go up there this weekend if I have time.

Attachments

• PIC_1495.JPG
    PIC_1495.JPG
    403 KB · Views: 5
  • yellow109.jpg
    yellow109.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 5
  • PIC_1498.JPG
    PIC_1498.JPG
    400.2 KB · Views: 5
I'm not a big parabolic fan, but that's not supprising. They are smoother and more flexiable, at the expense of load carrying capacity.

Jeff would like them! :P

Any other pictures?

Salisbury axles are very strong. The 101 forward control was a military gun tractor - they wont fall apart in a hurry.
Are you sure the box is an lt95? 101 V8's had an LT85 'santana' box, again, very strong.

Looks like a good ol' bus.

Why not just buy one of these frans?:)
101stuff2006045.jpg

Salisbury axles are very strong. The 101 forward control was a military gun tractor - they wont fall apart in a hurry.
Are you sure the box is an lt95? 101 V8's had an LT85 'santana' box, again, very strong.

Looks like a good ol' bus.

No, I am not sure. Just that description he sent me.

Does look like a good 'ol bus. Say goodbye to my kidneys.:D

how about these?

Looks like that rover is being worked like a rented mule.
Might be easier to not have a fixed address

Attachments

• 67.jpg
    67.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 28
  • BARTOLOMEU GERAL.jpg
    BARTOLOMEU GERAL.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 6
I've found a 32 spline 203 for $150, trying to see if he'll split out the range box and just ship that to me, saving me mondo on shipping, and costing me (with shipping) about $30 more than just the 32 spline shaft. (Good deal)

I'm next in line to get a 32 spline, fixed rear output for the 205. All I have to pay is shipping. Hopefully the other dude will fall through!

Lol, that beat rover pic cracks me up. My best friend from highschools dad had a rover and it was somewhat similar :lol:. I remember part of the front end being held together with rope!:O

Also if memory serves they had some kind of a weird winching type set-up where a bar went on the outside of the rim and as the tires spun from being stuck it would wind up your line and pull you out?

That looks like a buildable rig Frans.

I still fancy the Mog's though, might be a while before I get me one though.
pew_db-unimog%20427-10_05_al011024.jpg

ha, found a decent pic for comparison sake, a Unimog 404 vs a smaller rig (G unit)...

unimog_gallery.jpg

10-15-2003e.jpg

You're worried about a 135lb T case? A single tire weighs 3x that, the tranny weighs 40lbs more.

The LoMax is a new case and gears, even stronger than the stock 205's setup.

If'n you are looking for gear reduction and weight savings as well... Atlas II from Advance Adapters. Custom built to your specs, and comparable in price, while utilizing a machined aluminum case. ;)

AA will also have most adapters you'd be looking for drivetrain wise.

https://eshop.advanceadapters.com/c...fer-case-6-03a1-low-range-atlas60-atlas60.htm

I don't care about the weight, plus, the LoMax is quite a bit stronger than the Atlas, more versital, as well as (slightly) cheaper. Still gotta have an adapter!

Weight is nowhere near a concearn.

OFF topic but the unimog with a southco body would be a choice rig. Little bit too much money for the treeman though. Course you would definetly have your advertising gimmic.

pinzgaur! lighter than a unimog, but the same or better off road capabilities. Just not the same capacities

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 56
cool Frans, I think I snagged a video of one of those in the random media thread when I was flooding it last night :)

Ed, could you tell me a bit about this:

LT95 from a 101 FC

I think you mentioned something about this tranny, but I forgot.

...They have 203 adapters for $275...

...The rear T case will run around $1300...

...Hopefully I can get a 203 with a 32 spline input, otherwise changing the input shaft will run $155...

I'll have the adapter next week for $200.

I'll have the parts to do the LoMax for $1200. Found a 205 on the way to the axles that has 32 spline outputs, just what I needed for the LoMax Case.

I'll have a 32 spline 203 for $150 this weekend.

I just SAVED $225! :lol:

I'll still have to get the SM465 mainshaft ($250), doubler ($770), and LoMax ($1100) and I'll have the bellhousing to the Tcase yokes completed.

Tonight I got to thinking about my 1993 Chevy 3/4T with a 454 and 5 speed. It's been a year+ since I've used the truck, I spend $50 a month insuring it, and it's only worth $3500ish.....

The 454 puts out a respectable 365hp and 415lbs of torque bone stock, it can mate up to the SM465 no problem, it's fuel injected for better manners at odd angles, and it's paid for....

The tranny w/ bell housing and T case may be worth $1k, the bed is worth a few hundred, $54 less overhead a month......

I bought 4 flanged yokes for the axle's pinions. I only need 2, but if I ever break one, having a spare would be nice eh?

$105 shipped, should be here Wed.

The 465/203 adapter should be here Thursdayish.

Back home with the axles and t cases!

Car with me curbs at 2890, trailer is 800, coming back in MS I went across our scales that weren't in use. The combined 5900lbs :lol:

I couldn't believe the hills/mountains of the Ozarks, on the way to St Louis I had no idea that there was that laying just to my west as I cruised up 55. I sure found out today!

Still wasn't too bad, only one hill on a side road when I was picking up the first t case with the axles in tow was pushing it. Coming down in 1st gear, engine spinning 6k and still having to ride the brakes was fun. Going back up was a first gear thing, the split between 1 and 2 dropped the engine back out of it's power band and that wasn't fun, 1st gear had the tires scratching their way up the pass.

Beautiful country the Ozarks be.

Back