Ms 660

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Whats with the squat and layout? I am wondering what to expect from an 880. I have never run one before.

I am quite pleased with the 660, just a little slow with the bigger bar.

I think he's referring to the bend over and look through your legs technique. I've seen other guys do that, but it kind of makes me dizzy when I try it. :roll:

Ah. I either get dead center in front of the notch and look the other way or stand behind the tree with a finger on each corner and look around and visualize through the tree.

Normally I just use the gunning sights.

I think he's referring to the bend over and look through your legs technique. I've seen other guys do that, but it kind of makes me dizzy when I try it. :roll:

I can't use that technique either, my dick gets in the way.:D

Gary, are you saying that 6,500 rpm is slow? Next thing you'll be saying is that the G is heavy
too ;)
Any of those saws with a governer will run faster than that . You just have to bypass the gov .

I have an idea that's what was wrong with the one Butch had but La. and Ohio are a lot of miles apart so I can't say for a certainty .

If I'm not mistaken both the 070 and 090 are capable of 10 thou .Fact is any fast 090 I've ever seen had the gov bypassed . The others were just bull strong not race horse fast .

Al, you must be referring to the regular 090, not the gear reduced one. The G running at 10k, would really be running at 20k. At least I think that's how you look at it with the 2 to 1 gear reduction.

I've been afraid to mess with the governer, but easy enough to do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
YEah I was refering to the pictures of the guy lining up his shot. I seem to recall someone on a forum, going so far as to take string off each side of the hinge to line up a lay. He was laying a large tree through a 4 foot gate, I think.

Al, you must be referring to the regular 090, not the gear reduced one. The G running at 10k, would really be running at 20k. At least I think that's how you look at it with the 2 to 1 gear reduction.

I've been afraid to mess with the governer, but easy enough to do.

No not really .An 090G is in essence an 070 with a gear reduction unit . I have the proceedure for setting the gov on an 070 and it says in one step to crank er up to 10 thou .At that speed the spur is turning 5 thou because of the reduction not 20 thou . You couldn't get that engine up to 20 thou if you burned pure rocket fuel in it .:lol:

The two reduction saws I have are basicaly kart motors or kins of same . If they will crank 10 thou on a kart I figured 10 thou on a saw won't hurt them .I'll say this the old David Bradley will fling a big old fluffy chip a long way cranking on .I'll also add I wouldn't run that heavy as lead thing on a regular bassis for all the tea in China .About like hoisting a small engine block or so it seems .

YEah I was refering to the pictures of the guy lining up his shot. I seem to recall someone on a forum, going so far as to take string off each side of the hinge to line up a lay. He was laying a large tree through a 4 foot gate, I think.
I don't know how he did it but I believe it was Wiley that layed down a pretty good sized Douglas fir dead in between two houses . Damnest thing I've ever seen .I wouldn't have had the nerve .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2wMdGPEPfc

I had limbed the tree to 85 feet, so that it would fit the space, which was more like 12.5 feet wide, not the 14 I stated in the video.

Wanted Dave for moral support...and advice...called him in the next day...we decided to go for it....or go home.

rbtree;275912 said:
I had limbed the tree to 85 feet, so that it would fit the space, which was more like 12.5 feet wide, not the 14 I stated in the video.

Wanted Dave for moral support...and advice...called him in the next day...we decided to go for it....or go home.
That's the one I was thinking about . I wouldn't have had the nerve myself .

I use gunning sticks on occasion and they work . Someplace hidden on this 'puter I have the pics of nearly driving the stake with a hundred foot ash . It certainly wasn't near a house though .

Back