Ms 361

arborworks1

Treehouser
Happened to pick up a brand new 361 at the dealer. Wrap handle included. Need to get a big clutch cover and big dawgs for it.

Some bozo bought the saw, proceeded to smash it somehow, broken rear handle and top wrap. Took it to the dealer in january and never returned to get it. So they sold it for the repair bill of $400.00

Im only asking for enlightenment B. Ive never run a full wrap and I guess I dont really understand the advantage. Id like to see you ALAP a stump with one though. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I tend to like them when working in the tree, gives me a few more options to get comfortable. We don't have steep hills around here, but the occasional riverbank makes it nice to have as well.

Alap is not as bad as you think. Its almost perfect actually keeps the saw out of the dirt.

Im only asking for enlightenment B. Ive never run a full wrap and I guess I dont really understand the advantage. Id like to see you ALAP a stump with one though. ;)

You are absolutely correct, if you need to get closer to the ground than 3 inches. Actually, usually there is a low spot to drop the bar into.

The advantages of a full or the more common 3/4 wrap include much easier and safer limbing of felled trees (because you can rotate the saw to use top or bottom of the bar without twisting your hands and wrists out of proper ergonomic alignment), easier and more efficient felling cuts especially aloft (because you can make all cuts from one side of the tree).

Stig says he cannot use them because of the low stumping requirement in Denmark...but I don't have that problem, thankfully.

I can see it improving ergonomics and allow for safer positioning. You'd think they be alot more common? Maybe Im too sheltered in the upper midwest?

I can see it improving ergonomics and allow for safer positioning. You'd think they be alot more common? Maybe Im too sheltered in the upper midwest?

I dunno, John...it escapes my understanding why they only seem to be common here on the west coast.

I ran a 372xp the other day that had full wraps. I just smiled and said now I know why guys like them for falling. 8) I'd have to have a saw set up in each if it were me ;).

I think it's one of those things where you don't really catch the advantages drift until you start using the full wrap and your body tells you.

It's definately a west coast thing .Every west coaster I own came with a full wrap with the exception of the 200T .

How low is the stump requirement?

½ the height of the root flare.

If I had a saw for limbing only, I'd love to try a full wrap out.
But my 441 does double duty as limbing/falling saw for smaller trees, so no go.

As I understand Stig's situation, the full wrap handle comes into conflict with the wide root flares on the beeches he is felling, more so than with the ground itself. So it's more a matter of the characteristics of the tree than the closeness to the soil. Is that right, Stig?

I had a wrap on my 660. Took it off to get closer to the ground. A few inches makes a huge difference when you grind and have to cart away the stump chips from a 40+ inch stump!

Back