Motorcycling.

A few highlights from my western trip this year.

PiP2015all.jpg

IMG_4122.JPG

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4215.JPG

But as always one of the best Highlights was spending some time with Burnham and Melanie. Thank you my friend. :)

A few highlights from my western trip this year.

PiP2015all.jpg

IMG_4122.JPG

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4215.JPG

But as always one of the best Highlights was spending some time with Burnham and Melanie. Thank you my friend. :)

You are always welcome, my friend. We both enjoyed your visit, only wish we'd been able to have more time, and decent weather for a ride in the XKR :). Next time!

Wally, is yours the Stelvio or the Strom?

In terms of Italian twins, I just sold this last week and it made me EXTREMELY sad... :cry:

DSC_3322-XL.jpg

The Stelvio, new to me this year. 0miles in may, 12k now. :)

The wee Strom is a buddies and has around 150+K on it. It is getting shipped home from Portland because of fueling issues. We couldn't sort a pump or injectors over the holiday weekend.

Nice Duc Multi.
That year/style always catches my eye.

Have a 03 Caponord in the barn if your in need of a cheaper two wheels. :D

The Stelvio, new to me this year. 0miles in may, 12k now. :)
Way to stack up the miles! Your Spotwalla track looked like you ran your own Iron Butt Rally!

The wee Strom is a buddies and has around 150+K on it. It is getting shipped home from Portland because of fueling issues. We couldn't sort a pump or injectors over the holiday weekend.
Mechanical issues are never fun, especially a long way from home! :(

Nice Duc Multi.
That year/style always catches my eye.
Best bike I've ever owned. Very bummed to let it go.

Have a 03 Caponord in the barn if your in need of a cheaper two wheels. :D
Don't tempt me! :lol:

Why sell it?

Certain unfortunate "economic realities," Butch, involving an accounting error on the part of my employer and a government agency with a three letter acronym... :X

Plus the fact that it basically sits in the garage. My wife and I have four sons under 14, and time to ride is hard to come by. I can't commute on it either, because I take them to school every day. I'm living in the "minivan era" of my life but hope to return to two wheels later.

Thankfully, I will have a little extra after the sale to put toward tree gear! :lol:

Way to stack up the miles! Your Spotwalla track looked like you ran your own Iron Butt Rally!

I run a phone app that loads to spotwalla. So it makes that look condensed. That was around two weeks of ride time.
One 980+ mile day and a 780ish mile day just for fun though. :lol: Needed to make some tracks for home.

Coldest temp see while riding was 33DegF out by Warmsprings Or. Highest was 93 in mid northern Ks.

Tolls for the trip:
Both the Wee and the Stelvio needed there skid pans hammered after the Colorado portion. Ophir pass wasn't easy on either. Combo of steep descent and hard braking left little suspension travel left for a hole.
Tacoed front Stelvio rim from hitting a softball sized rock in Nevada. Took getting a tube to fix it.
Double plugged rear tire on the Wee from a hidden sharp object in a silt bed in Nevada.

As to the rim damage, all operator error. Can't stress how well the stelvio took the hit.
Been 8+ years since I toasted a rim, so I was due.

Awesome! I've never owned a Guzzi, but I'm pretty enamored of them.

You guys were NOT messing around. Some "adventure bikes" never leave pavement--definitely not so in this case! You're a brave man to take that big a DS off-road. My last dualie was a little more nimble...

DSC_0001-XL.jpg

IMG_1538-XL.jpg

West side of Ophir in the scree fields was about my limit for rough on these pigs. As was the few silt beds we ran in Nv.

While my TE610 would be great on the rough, I can't fathom a 700+ mile paved day on it.

Those Sherpa's are a lot of DS bang for the buck.

When my brother shoved off from life just the other day, he left this model Yamaha. It looks exactly the same. Only 10,000 kilometers on it from when he purchased it new. It hadn't been ridden in a year, but it was under a roof and had a charger on it the whole time. It took awhile to get it started, figure out the choke and idling adjustment, but then it ran just fine. I took it out for a spin, no bike license or helmet, the hell with the cops. His wife says that she wants to learn to ride it, we'll see.... I hope she can. Not the easiest bike to ride, low power when starting out from a stop, it takes some gymnastics until the rpms increase.

Attachments

• Yamaha-Drag-Star-XVS-400-1504982_1.jpg
    Yamaha-Drag-Star-XVS-400-1504982_1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 36
Back