Motorcycling.

FFZ, hope you get a chance to make some trips. It's a fun way to cover ground in my eyes.

Robbie always said it would be the wildland MAFFS missions that would get em. Sadly he was right.
When flying a aircraft at 100% power, max payload, and low/slow, doesn't leave any safety factor for oh shit moments.

Nice pics, Wally. I'm curious about the second photo, the mounds of white sand or something in the middle right. Is that some kind of mining operation?

I'd like to do that someday, but maybe in a nice Cummins diesel. I'm not sure I want to ride on major highways. I need to get out and see the country someday, I've never been further West than the middle of PA.

I find it amazing that I, as a foreigner, have seen so much more of America than many of you natives.
You have a beautiful country, take some time off to enjoy it.

so i've found a kawasaki ltd400 for what i think is a decent price.
this would be my first bike.
i plan on ratting it to hell and back.

thoughts?
help?

Thats because Americans work harder than Europ.......uh, Scandinavians.:P

Nope, that is because some scandinavians ( thanks for remembering BTW) are smart enoug to get their tubes cut when they are young, so they don't have to pay for a bunch of rug-rats, and can therefore afford to travel :lol:

I think I work as hard as any American, Jim.
After all, there is about the same amount of hours in the day in the US as here.
I just got a travelling head start on most people, because when I ws 19, I set out to work my way around the world and didn't stop for 10 years.
That is why I ended up a dumb, uneducated logger.......................................with a load of great memories:D

Sounds a bit familiar...like looking in an old, sorta foggy mirror. Though I didn't take on working around the world...working around the USA was the limit of my ambition back then :). Had a hella fine time, solo and then me and M, all the same.

Leastwise, Stig ain't got nuthin' on me so far as seeing America goes :D.

Been to Alaska , Burnham?
Finest place in the US IMO.

But I'll gladly cede the eastern states to you, anyway.

I've spent most time out west, out where the spaces are wide open and all that.

Just came back a month ago, and already dreaming of going again:)

Seems like it would make a fine beginner's bike.
Easy to ride and won't run away from you.

We find ourselves a bit bewildered that we have never yet been to Alaska, as we both have always had a strong hankering to do so...but are making plans to rectify that glaring omission sooner rather than later, Stig.

so i've found a kawasaki ltd400 for what i think is a decent price.
this would be my first bike.
i plan on ratting it to hell and back.

thoughts?
help?

Be a good first bike. Will let you sort out the skill set.

With you saying this is the first. I would advise spending the money and time in some MSF classes.
Also you can never go wrong with good gear purchases, helmet, jacket, gloves, sturdy pants, and boots. All make walking away from your first slide a lot nicer. :D

Back