Motorcycling.

With your choice of bike, I agree.

My advise on buying a sidehack or trike, if you plan to cover more than a 100miles in a day buy a convertible car.
Your shoulders and back with thank you.

My buddy has a messed up back and neck. He couldn't handle his Harley Bagger anymore. Got a Gold Wing Trike and loves it. He says once he got used to it he prefers the handling over a two wheeler. I have yet to ride it so I have no opinion.

Maybe if you don't have ruts in the road. Here they chase the semi ruts terrible.
Friend went to test a spyder and came back bitch en about the sawing on the handle bars to keep in the lane.

Came across this today: http://hipsterbikevideos.com/

They poke fun at the hip urban motorcyclists, who care more about being über cool than actually riding bikes.

That whole cafe racer retro thing has been getting on my nerves lately, so I'm enjoying this site.

I guess I don't really understand that website. I respect most riders if they are doing it for the right reason no matter what they ride. These guys on the website just sound jealous, what makes them so much better? Not all hardtails are a horse and pony show.

When I was maybe 16 or 17, I somehow ended up at a bike mechanics shop one day, not one of those dealerships, but a local single man garage in a gritty part of town. The mechanic was teaching his young son the work, was showing him how you want to leave a small amount of play in a certain plate. I clearly remember the mechanic's fingers on the plate and giving it a little shake, saying, "Here's what you want to do, son". Very serious about it. There were some hell's angels there and they were giving the mechanic an ultimate respect. Those guys dug their bikes. A vague memory, but a real cool one, I guess about the tradition. Hard to explain the atmosphere, but I loved it.

I guess I don't really understand that website. I respect most riders if they are doing it for the right reason no matter what they ride. These guys on the website just sound jealous, what makes them so much better? Not all hardtails are a horse and pony show.

At one time my karate dojo was in the city of copenhagen. It became a hobby of mine, as I drove there, to count all the, rigged out for an African cross country trip, Landrovers parked at the curbs.
Today one can do the same thing with BMW R1200Gs Adventure models parked outside Starbucks.

That is what the site is about.

Poking fun at people who care so much more about looking a certain way, sending a signal to the world about how cool they are, than actually going through Africa in a Landrover or going around the world on their BMW.

In this case they have cast their ire at the urban hipster bikers with their beards, carefully cultivated retro look and open face helmets with a cool pair of sunglasses, which is fine with me.

Don't get me wrong, I have a beard myself, since I was too lazy to shave for my Cali trip and then realized how much easier it was not to and I wear an open face helmet as well, with sunglasses.
But I ride a bike with a huge fairing, have you ever tried going fast on a naked bike with just a pair of sunglasses between your eyes and the wind?

No fun, but it looks ever so cool, particularly if the helmet has that 1970es look to go with your made to look vintage leather jacket.

I see what you are saying now stig, and I agree with you. There are a lot of Harley riders that would fall into that category as well.

I was thinking similar things recently, I was in a town centre pub and the place was full of "serial killers"
Guys (and girls) tattoos all over, shaven heads or similar, bizarre clothing.
I'm fairly certain a lot of them lead fairly normal lives, working in normal jobs, factories, insurance call centres etc.
Yet they feel the need to look like Charles Manson.
Very odd

No Butch, I wasn't saying they shouldn't do it or anything, all I'm pointing out is the modern trend for ordinary people to dress as murderers on death row.
I find it odd.

I wasn't addressing anyone in particular. I was saying live and let live. Don't worry about what I do or how I dress and I won't worry about you.

Yeah I know, don't judge by appearances, take as you find, etc.
However if someone looks or acts bloody peculiar I can point it out.

Early on in the metal head thing my bud was at LAX. This guy had metal sticking out all over and my bud was looking him over. What the F are you looking at, the metal head said. What the F do you think I am looking at was his reply. Don't you do that kind of thing to get looked at?

Even if you dress like one, you still can't become a hell's angel unless you meet the requirement to be riding at least 12,000 miles annually. That doesn't seem too hard to do on the weekends, only around 230 per. It's the other requirements...:O

. There are a lot of Harley riders that would fall into that category as well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/izzlN2zC8PU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back