More little saws .

I use a cordless drill on little units like this, the problem I found with the impact is it will loosen the nut on the flywheel. I've also used an electric variable speed drill, these work good as well. Good luck Al most of the smaller saw are a pain to work on no matter what you are doing to them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh I suppose I could roll that little piece of junk over backwards with an impact to test the spark .It should fire in either direction if it fires at all .

You could most likely make that Poulan run 12 thou or so if you bumped the timing .However it might be a little bear to get started .

I know on the 10 series Macs that bumping the timing works but it's right back to weather they will start advanced so much .You can't believe how hard a 70 cc saw can kick back .:O

With the plug out you should be able to turn it over Fairly easy, a lot of modules will not fire when spun in reverse. The north/south fields of the magnets prevent this.

I might give it a shot later on today .

I'm going to start doing my freaking income tax as soon as I talk myself into it . I can only take a few hours of it though at a stretch . :(

You couldn't pay me enough to do Texas Jims job .I just ain't the one .

If you think my Partner was a throw away, what about these.

The things I had to put up with before they came up with the 020T, :lol:

I had these in the late 80's after my 015 died. They came as Komatsu, Ryobi [green] and Oleomac here. They had a coil problem, got the second one nearly new for less than a coil, didn't last long.

Attachments

• chainsaws 018.jpg
    chainsaws 018.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
The size and shape look good for a climbing saw. Nice compact design with antivibe handle mounts. Looks like a precurser to the later Echo top handles.

OK, I must admit. I fell in love with the little 200T yesterday.
I used it for about half the day just trimming limbs up for the new season.

The dang thing was so smooth (AV wise) and I even got used to the different balance it had compared to my poulan TH that I actually thought my poulan ones felt nose heavy after using the 200T. Yes one handing was a breeze with it.

The greatest thing was when I was done at the end of the day, my hands wasn't numb, like they always was using my poulan TH's without AV.

Well just a month later I have to troubleshoot quick and see if you guys think the same things I am thinking. It didn't have one trouble or stumble for about 4-5 hours of cutting

Haven't used the saw since that day I trimmed all the trees up. Today I did a chain up for the gtg in ohio for the top handle class.
It started fine but when giving throttle it would bog. OK I thought low side adjustment. Nothing helped. (remember carb was just rebuilt and ran fine prior). Then I pulled carb looking at impulse area, (fuel line has fine cracks at bend but checked it and nothing goes all the way through) and put a new fuel filter in just in case. Looked inside of rubber boot and couldn't see any tearing or cracks while moving what play the AV would give me. Put all back together same thing. Then I noted it would idle and then finally just stall out. It wasn't like that before, So then I think to turn it on its side instant shut off, restarted did other side instant shut off. So I guess its time to look at the seals and check bearing for play. Do you guys come up with the same conclusions?

I've had almost zero luck rebuilding those carbs. At least three different times I rebuilt carbs with no success but swapping carbs worked. So now I am more inclined to just buy a new carb. They aren't as expensive as you might think, and a bargain if you allot a dollar value for shop time.

The carb worked flawless a half day of trimming.
Are you saying a carb would act like that when turned on its side?
I was figuring seals would act like that.

Which carb do you suggest? The one I have has the H L needles and would like to keep it that way.

I've seen lots of 200Ts with bad carbs. Can't recall the last time I ever saw one with bad crank seals. I've had at least two that I would have sworn had bad crank seals but it was the carb, every time.

If you don't have access to a known good carb, then buy a new one. If it doesn't fix the problem, ebay the carb and you'll get your money back out of it. I think they are only $35-$40 anyway.

Is there a certain carb you get.

Which new carb would I want to buy?

They are all similar and interchangable. You do not want one with a fixed high speed jet. I just went out and looked in my junk box, two numbers that would work would be a 405A or 428A. Last time I just went to my dealer and asked for a 200T carb, and he walked in the back and grabbed one without even having to look it up.

There might be the remote possibility that the fuel line is cracked within the tank .If it gets tipped it looses suction for a sec .

In other news mine runs like a scalded ape but because it's ported with a well opened up muffler when I run it hard and it comes back to idle it loads up and dies .Obviously I need some more tuning . It did however flat walk away from another brand spankin new 200T yesterday in a little "who's got the baddest trim saw " contest :) .

We locals do those kinds of things at times .

Say I just had another thought .Remove the little 90 degree elbow which goes from the "inteli carb "deal to the air filter box and see what that does .

If that works stick a piece of duct tape over the hole and run-er for old glory .:|:

Nothing major just alot of trouble shooting. I overlooked the inside of carb because it was a new complete rebuild kit in it.
Well turned out to be starving for fuel because somehow the FULCRUM got out of adjustment under the diaphragm. Adjusted back to specs and running like a champ again. Turned on its sides both ways and no problems. Bingo perfect running and taching at 14,700K at just a hair over 1 turn out.

Woodsjunkie told me he thought it was something simple inside the carb. So I dug in and took a closer look.
Bingo, Thanks for help and ideas folks.

Not that skwerl, just persistent and it was bugging me. Because it ran so good that day. Never thought about a new fulcrum that was adjusted when carb was rebuilt somehow not being right when I went to reuse it.
I just got lucky and yes it had all the symptoms in my eyes of crank seals or a carb replacement as you have done.
Thanks for helping and making me think. The 200 is all new to me.

That stuff can happen to anybody .

I had two saws which gave me fits,an 042 Stihl and a 2800 Poulan.

I'm almost embarrassed to tell the reason .I had installed both metering diaphragms upside down . A double dumb azz attack I guess .Chit just happens .

Back