More little saws .

I think it's a 009, but could be a 011, second one from the end looks like a Super 2 Homlite, there are 3 or 4 Husqvarnas, I'm not real sire about the big orange ones Dolmars maybe? Maybe one more Homelite, and maybe a Jonsered.

I think it's

Stihl (200t)
Stihl
Husky
Husky
Jonsered
Husky
Husky
Husky (141)
Dunno?
Husky

I wasn't to far off. Yea the first one is a 200T or a 020T.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't necessarily call an 011 useless . I've got one in the shed .It isn't an oak slayer but not a bad little trim the apple tree in the back yard type .

That one little red saw does look like a little Homey XL 2 .

That second Sthil looks like an 09. Those things are bad news from the get go. To me they are the hardest saws to work on. Many people complain that that top handles are hard to work on. An 09 gets my vote as the biggest PIA for such a little saw award. That includes running one also.

That one doesn't have an orange handle so that one must be a pro model:lol::lol::lol:

Here we go again with the handle color stuff!!!:what:
And I know you were kidding Larry, but it cracks me up when the other forums get started on that.
That saw is a late model 009. Stihl built the 1120 series saw for 25 years. The first was an all orange 009 top handle with 2.3 CI, then it became all plastic, then the 010 rear handle AV, then the engine grew to 2.5 CI in the 011 rear handle with AV, and 2.8 CI in the 012. There were a couple in there that an AV handle that was on top, and one with it kind of in the middle. Finally it was just the all white plastic 009 with the 2.5 CI engine. This saw used a reed valve, and was a good homeowner saw, but as most of you have stated, not a pro saw at all. I have one late model 009 in the collection, and that is plenty!
So now that I have told you a bunch of uselees trivia on the 009 i"ll shut up;)

I think but am not quit sure but a few years ago I worked on an orange baby Stihl .Seems it was either an 09 maybe 010 .

The danged thing had a wire controled throttle and a little reed right under the carb about the size of a nickle . I think the IPL called it a membrane or something like that .

Any way it had a bad clutch side seal ,funky carb and busted throttle wire .Surprisingly Stihl still had the parts available for it . As far as I know the little thing is puttsing away some place around Centerberg Ohio .Ran pretty good when it left here . It so far was the only one I have ever seen .

I remembered I had this pic from 7 or so years ago of all these saws that showed up when I went to help some friends cut some birches down. There's a few small saws represented, not sure what they all are.
attachment.php

Here is my guesses..
From the back and up..

Husqvarna 65
Homelite XL
Husqvarna 137
Husqvarna 2100 or 298
Husqvarna 65
Jonsereds 2147
Husqvarna 372
Husqvarna 371
Stihl 009
Stihl MS200

My old 80's Partner, we did a lot of work together until the oiler gave up.

Found it after seeing this thread, haven't even seen it for a few years.

I put the bar & chain on for the picture, then for fun put some fuel in and guess what it started, :D It's got to be 6 years at least since I started it.

Attachments

• feb 09 051.jpg
    feb 09 051.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 6
I've got one in the shed about like that with a Skil name on it . I didn't know it was a Partner .

One of those "fix it when you have time" things that was dropped off . I haven't gotten too enthusiastic about wrenching it . It would putt a bit with a prime .Rebuilt the carb now it won't do a thing .:what: To check the spark it's one those dig it out of it's shell type saws .

That saw was made by Frontier. Frontier also made it's counterparts like Skil, Jonserd , Lombard and a few others.

I have a Frontier that looks like that one plus a couple of more of them under different brands.

They are definately the smallest of the top handles.

They were sold as Frontier, Fercad, Husky, Skil, Danarm, Partner, Norlett, Cambell Housefieald and many more.

Trail Manufacturing Limited (TML) in Canada is those who actually made them... By the pallet. 3-4 models were made. This is

Get a pallet and name it what you want!

I have Partner, Danarm, Husky, Skil in collection of this very model, Partner 1614/1618

I just might get out that frustrating little rascal today and get serious about it .Some times I get so annoyed with those damned things I just have to walk away from them before I stomp them to death .That would solve nothing but to injure my foot .:lol:

I just might get out that frustrating little rascal today and get serious about it .Some times I get so annoyed with those damned things I just have to walk away from them before I stomp them to death .That would solve nothing but to injure my foot .:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Oh so true. Which is why none of mine actually run. I took one look at the Lombard I have for a simple carb rebuild and said no way am I going to get into this today. That was three years ago. If I get one I just put it on the shelf or out in the shed with the other parts saws.

OK, I must admit. I fell in love with the little 200T yesterday.
I used it for about half the day just trimming limbs up for the new season.

The dang thing was so smooth (AV wise) and I even got used to the different balance it had compared to my poulan TH that I actually thought my poulan ones felt nose heavy after using the 200T. Yes one handing was a breeze with it.

The greatest thing was when I was done at the end of the day, my hands wasn't numb, like they always was using my poulan TH's without AV.

Now I see why you tree monkeys love them.

What do you like about it? I have it and the only cool thing is its ability to bend and return to true. Other than that, I don't notice that much of a weight diff.

That's cause you've got huge guns and can easily pick up 50-60 lbs with one hand and hold it straight out in front of you for 3 hours straight. I'm a lil guy with less muscle. I notice a huge difference.

That must be it. Believe me, for the extra I paid for it I wish DID notice a diff. I'll be getting the reg one next time.

Mine has a little 12" Stihl lightweight [ .044 gauge ]on it at the present time .The bar was one of Toms that got bent and I must spent an hour straightening it out . No easy chore I assure you to get it straight once again .

I have lighter saws but none that has the balance of this little gem .It seems you are right over the center of weight distribution because of the design . The only other one that is that well balanced in my collection is a Homey XL 2 but it's a POS .

Now you talk about a throw away ,this is one .That little POS has no way to test the spark .You have to remove the starter cover to get to the spark plug .Then how pray tell does one turn it over ?:what:

Attachments

• Skil 002.jpg
    Skil 002.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 67
Now you talk about a throw away ,this is one .That little POS has no way to test the spark .You have to remove the starter cover to get to the spark plug .Then how pray tell does one turn it over ?:what:

Al maybe air impact on low setting. I did that once in the past or maybe even one of those 12V plug in impacts they have out on a low setting to turn it over.

I ran all new fuel lines and fuel filter and gave the poulan 2000 33cc walbro carb a new rebuild kit yesterday. Started it up and felt those good vibrations through my hand, wow a difference the AV on the 200 makes.
Did the tuning in wood and checked it and she runs 4k less out of the wood less then the 200T 14K v/s 10.6k. But of course $600 v/s $100 too.

Back