Morbark chipper 290

Jssmith1227

Prospect
hey i was wondering if anyone could help me find the serial # on my morbark 290? i just picked it up, its in rough shape im looking to restore it, and i need some schematics on it, and i cant get them without the serial number, i have checked on the tongue, and the belt cover i checked but it was torched in half.

My Morbark has a welded plate on the tongue just behind the hitch plate... so a previous owner shortened up the package probably, no other place .... perhaps through old regristrations for license plates maybe find it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
it came with bill of sale, so i don't have any old registrations, there was a tag up on the drum, most if it was worn off but it had Paten numbers on it im thinking it was on there. what engine does you morbark have in it? mine is a 4 cyl ford diesel, i'm guessing its a 3.9 Cummings but not 100% sure

They have lots of motor options... mine was a special order that actually did not take delivery, they lost deposit and it was sold new to me along with a couple other things from the next size up is a Deutz diesel...

what engine is in youurs mine is a 4 cyl ford diesel.im thinking its a 3.9 cummins but im not sure I was told cummins made made the ford diesel for thee chippers.

Jim I have the same great power plant. Always amazes me at how little it drinks fuel.
Pigwot a great many were sold by Tyler equipment throughout N.E. look for a set of rivit holes where a tag was on the battery/storage box. If you find it has them I can pass a phone # for a records keeper there.

I'll look for the rivet holes next time I am up at the yard; Ours has the Cummins/Ford and it is a strong little engine, and yes; easy on the fuel, too.
I need a seal kit for one of the Eaton hydraulic feed wheel motors (lower one is leaking). otherwise it is in decent shape.

Just looked on the battery box yesterday it looks like there might have been a tag there there was two rivit holes on the bottom left corner but no tag. I knew it would be a long shot the battery box has definatly seen beyter days.

Back