Modzilla Firefox

Hit CTRL-T and you'll see. Your life will never be the same.

CTRL-W to close a tab, and CTRL-SHIFT-T to unclose a tab.

But start with CTRL-T and you'll get the hang of it.

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gary, is there a way to get my bookmarked pages to the side of my browser, like I did with IE?

Two possibilities. First, up top click "View" then "toolbars" and makesure "bookmarks toolbar" is checked.

If that didn't do it, then you might be using the previous version of Firefox. Up top, click "Help" then "Check for updates" to get the most recent version.

If that doesn't do it, then you've exhausted my mozilla understanding and someone else is going to have to step in!

love
nick

I've been using this for 5 years now. With IE if you get a virus IE won't work. FF will because
it java based.
With FF you can trasefer all your prefs. to a other computer (up to 5) in your network.
You can run FF on a mac or pc. they both run the same.
On a mac i like Safari the best. Safari is molded after FF. And they are some cool thing in that are not in IE or FF. like private browsing(history is not kept or google searches)
But there is some poorly written wed site that don't follow the rule and only work in IE.

My mac (2.2g intel with 256 v ram) boots up in 30 sec. on the pc side over 1 min. At work about 1.30 min. (2.4g intel with 512m v ram).

Virginia, I don't have that star, either (and my "view" is checked correctly)...I have version 2.0.0.14....I see that there is now a ver. 3...time to update...that may be the difference.

Then, again, this might be the key....it may be an "Add-on"...they have a lot of them.

Feed Sidebar
by Christopher Finke

Preview Image of Feed Sidebar

The Feed Sidebar is an extension for Firefox that displays the items from your Live Bookmarks in the sidebar.

Gary, skip the add-on and go straight for the version! It IS better!!! If you click in the address bar and start typing it does a much more thorough search of recent websites you've searched to find the one you most likely are looking for.

love
nick

I just upgraded to 3.0...still no "star". I went to "view-toolbars-customize" and the "star" you referenced is part of the customization that is possible.

Maybe it was on the 2.0.0.14 version, too...too late to check it now.

I HATE internet exploder! Browsing sucks so bad with IE it pisses me off.

Well I am fed up with IE crashing on me the last few months so I finally looked at other browsers. I have downloaded Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari.
Firefox looks good and fast. Safari looks like an Apple sales job and google chrome looks too basic.
The entire download and try out period has been about two hours of goofing around but I can tell you that I am liking Firefox so far, just now off to try a multiple pic upload which IE hasnt been able to do here for about a year or so.
:D

Opera seems ok too, just kinda tricky to figure out where the import bookmarks thingie and setting the homepage thingie are.

MB, I have NEVER bothered to look at another browser but after playing with Firefox today, IE will likely be headed to the bin soon. I have been getting 404 errors in IE very regularly the last few months and it locks up once in a while. I will give the new browsers a swing for a week or two and see what happens. :)

Paul, don't get rid of IE....just don't use it if you don't need it. You can make firefox your default browser and you don't have to worry about it.

Every once in a while (rarely now-a-days) you need IE to properly navigate a website. Seems like most sites do fine on firefox now, but that wasn't the way it was just a short time ago.

Che is right Paul... I have to use IE for Netflix streaming. Firefox does not work there for me.. I just set my default to FF and use IE when I need it ;)

Butch, IE is locking up daily on me, maybe more than once a day lately!!
I have Opera mini on my phone, I like most of it, and it is FAST!!!

Back