Modzilla Firefox

no Vista here yet but I have been looking into a laptop, seems they about all come with Vista now.

I think that Opera and Firefox are fairly reasonable, I will give them a shot for a while and see.

You can still special order XP machines Paul.
I am hearing pretty good things of Windows 7, but it's still in beta, and it's early. And it's still Windows!
I'm getting my but kicked trying to partition my hard drive, Vista is VERY resistant to this idea. Hopefull a buddy will be over soon and I can get Linux set up and try it instead.

Andy I hear ya, I got prices for two different machines that were on XP then I got one for a Vista machine, the XP ones are 6 months old AND 200 to 400 dollars MORE expensive.
I am not that against Vista but the productivity software I use (Excel and Word) are 2003, that wont install on Vista. BUT I talked to my pops this afternoon and he told me about 3 stores that were selling 2007 Office for under a hundred bucks, student version but he said he is doing all the things he used to do with his pro version, as he is an accountant I figure the abilities of the software are fine for my basic invoicing.

When they say safe I think they mean anonymous web surfing.

I love FF! IE gives me hell and is a totally inferior browser to FF IMO.

Back