Mmmmmm, BACON!!!

My dad likes to tell me stories about "the good ole days". He had this hunting buddy named Billy, who was a rather large man. They would always stop at a greasy spoon diner for breakfast on the way to the hunting camp and Billy would always order the same thing, "I want a dozen eggs, fried, over easy, a pound of bacon, crispy, and keep making toast till I tell you to stop."

He had a heart attack and died at 43.

Well, I think there's more to it than just eating the right foods. My dad just turned 90 in April and he hasn't always had the best dietary habits. But I'm glad he's still here and healthy (no pills, no health problems) and he still comes out to work with me whenever we do a crane job. He loves those crane jobs as much as I do! And I'm glad he quit smoking some 65 years ago. I sure hope I inherited some of those longevity genes!

ha, if you do youll go broke buying birthday cards for all the great grand kids:lol:

Nothing beats home made. My old man smokes up a wicked pig. Cant come at buying store pig though, ever been to an industrial slaughter house? I dont like shit in my food:X

Nothing beats home made. My old man smokes up a wicked pig.

I always wanted to learn how to smoke bacon. People around here just get their pork ground when they send in their pig to the butchers. Fry it up like bacon. Its just not the same

The best fun is trying different wood, its all got a different flavour.

Well, somebody finally did it. Chicken fried bacon. 8)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZfbTO0GlONU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZfbTO0GlONU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MMMMMMMM yall got me thinkin of a BLT with fresh garden tomatoes and greens... orrrr turkey and bacon same way ...
Love dem sammiches.
47 and my colosterol is still low and I eat like all my country folk before me... Hope I can after 50 :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lordy, I want me some chicken fried bacon!!!
eat.gif

stehansen;236029 they eat it as fast as I cook it.[/QUOTE said:
I eat it as fast as I cook it...

Another favorite...Nacho cheese over fries. Especially the skinny ones.

Nothing beats home made. My old man smokes up a wicked pig. Cant come at buying store pig though, ever been to an industrial slaughter house? I dont like shit in my food:X

In high school I had a pig for an FFA project one time and it didn't sell at the fair so we had it killed and the bacon from that thing was incredible. Haven't had any as good since.

For lunch I just had a couple BBC sandwiches. Bacon, bacon and cheese. :P

Dang, it was good, but I couldn't quite finish the second sandwich. Bacon overload (if that's possible).

bbc... ha, did I ever tell you about the time a co worker went to get Subway? I asked him to get me a BLT with no extra veggies, he came back with a footlong bun with bacon, thats it. I laughed so hard I wept. I kept saying, I asked for a blt and you bring me a B? lol

This would go good with bacon and eggs OE.

Attachments

• bloody_mary_left.png
    bloody_mary_left.png
    240.2 KB · Views: 5
Back