Mandatory Training.... Logging ain't a GAME

All you had to do was not drop start the saw for 2 days and you screwed that simple task up. Don't that just frost you.:) Maybe you need training more than you thought.

haha, i honestly dont beleive ive ever done that. specailly with big saws in a tree:D often times that will put your saw closer to your climbing line to. some times i think old school is better, let common sense prevail!

so how do you safely start a saw in the tree? send it down?:dur:

IN the Uk climbing assessment we had to demonstrate starting the saw braced left and right handed, the left handed drop start was considered an acceptable method.
On the ground I mostly use the knee lock standing up to start my saws, although a cold start for the bigger ones will be on the ground.

haha, i honestly dont beleive ive ever done that. specailly with big saws in a tree:D often times that will put your saw closer to your climbing line to. some times i think old school is better, let common sense prevail!

You don't forget to set the chainbrake when starting, do you?
;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I PASSED !!! the dude with the MOST tree experience actually scored the lowest (safety violations ooooh). I come away with a VERY positive view of GOL , the instructor was excellent , and I DID learn new things , two or three of which I will use on the job.... It's kind of a Euro thing (copy that STIG ?).... and as my martial arts teacher says ...these techniques will work !

Thanks guys it was MORE than fun , all the feedback and support REALLY helped me get my head to the space where I came in with a good attitude .... on lunch I showed the instructor my dog-eared copy of "Fundamentals" (G.F.B) he had NEVER seen it (of course he'd seen the poster) .... always tryin' to help a brother out I believe he will buy one from Ger...The dude is actually cool enough that I gave him the address here at the Blaster's House !

The GOL guys are fairly anal about brake engagement ... this too cost me safety violation points ....

So there is some sort of final exam type thing? Did your boss say what would happen if you failed? Congrats.

Back