Putting on a training seminar November 20th

MatthewMMeckley

TreeHouser
Hey guys, I’m not sure if slot of you would care but I’m putting on a seminar November 20th. The seminar will be about climbing, rigging, felling, utility, and working with hazard burnt trees.I will be doing some in class training but mostly live demos. It’s an all day event with breakfast lunch and dinner provided. It will accredit ceus as well for your arborist certs. At the end of the class we will have a recap and then there will be a BBQ and live music. I believe the first 25 people will be able to stay in the bunk house but they will also pride a spot for tent camping. It’s taking place down in Santa Rosa at the Academy and I’m going to have some special guests come out as well. I’m a nerd and love this industry and I’m trying to give back. I’ll have an official flyer and whatnot soon.

We're both on the downhill slide now. Few rough days for both of us. Overall just like a bout with the flu really. Not much difference.

Course we were double vaxed (ha) and boostered too. There's no escaping it.

Glad you both are getting better.

I suppose there is no knowing if your vaccines helped your cases be less severe than they might otherwise have been. Statistics say yes, but who knows for any one of us individually.

I suppose there is no knowing if your vaccines helped your cases be less severe than they might otherwise have been. Statistics say yes, but who knows for any one of us individually.
Statistically, one could argue that the majority of the public does not have severe out comes as well, prior to Vax.
Again, I understand Gerry's decision. Comorbidity as with upper age groups are the high risk group. Still, better than a 95 percent survival rate as I recall. Hopefully, the vaccines are truely aiding those that need it most.

Same here Jer. Really glad to hear that you guys are on the road to recovery!

I'm despicably and deplorably un vaccinated, but firmly believe I recovered from Covid in January 2020, unlike my dear departed mother of 93.

These scientists n doctors seem far too eager to proclaim their infallibility these days.

They are flawed n fallible like the rest of us I'm afraid.......

Jomo

How.'d that six pound paper weight I sent yu work out Jerr?

Shoulda been good for up to a 30 mph breeze eh?

Thanks for the book buddy!

Jomo

Where exactly is this happening? Santa Rosa calif?
where is this ‘academy’?

I just look up their website. It appears, from first impression, that the training seminars are primarily fee-based.

nothing wrong with that in my opinion, if they get folks elevated to a higher standard than I think that’s great.
Personally, I truly believe that tree knowledge should be accessible to the entire tree worker community.
This ‘Academy’ appears to be focused on employees who are working for larger companies. Those companies pay the fees.
Fee-based seminars truly exclude the vast majority of tree workers IMO

Back