Log haul in the Ural Mountains, Russia

Probabley to a polar bear,seal or orca .How ever it takes a tougher SOB than me to enjoy water at near freezing .Actually as far as water temp I'd much prefer where V is in the Keys .Toasty with palm trees and girls in bikinis .:D

None of that around here, Al. You gotta take what you can get, and the cold Atlantic is only 45 minutes from me, in the Cessna.

Well don't crash the damned thing to find out now.BTW that water that far north on the eastern seaboard is cold enough in July I can't imagine what it is come December .

My ex and I would take dip when I was in New London and I liked the effect on the top of her bikini but the family jewels had shrunk to the size of BB's from that damned Atlantic ocean .Not good .:lol:

Don't leave us hanging! What was the problem?

Almost everthing was a problem.Every official at every level wanted a bribe,shopkeepers wanted "Fifty Dollars" for a Loaf of Bread.Train tickets,accomadation,food.Anyone who tried to help you wanted paying,didn't help it was Winter either.

Bad Food.
Bad Accomadations
Bad people to deal with.

At the time,only 1% of the population could afford a single bought meal a year.They were just scraping by.This was before the internet was accessible and popular belief was that the Western World was responsible for Russia's hard times.So when Foreigners were about,people tried to get as much out of them as possible.

We met a couple who had been Gassed on a Train.The whole sleeping carridge had been flooded with some kind of Gas,everyone had their valuables taken.We used to tie the Door on our compartment shut and have the window open an inch,nothing happened to us on a Train.Police used to board Trains and "Tax" anyone with spare money,$10 for this,$10 for that.I have more stamps from there than anywhere.

It was even hard to leave.

We ended up getting a over priced Bus Ticket from St Petersburg to Estonia.Except the Heater on the Bus didn't work so it quickly turned into an Ice Cave.

When we got to Tallin in Estonia we went out for some Hot food and many,many Beers.NO VODKA!

My 10 days in Moscow area in 2003 was much more pleasant. Would go again if the occasion arose.

Almost everthing was a problem.Every official at every level wanted a bribe,shopkeepers wanted "Fifty Dollars" for a Loaf of Bread.Train tickets,accomadation,food.Anyone who tried to help you wanted paying,didn't help it was Winter either.

Bad Food.
Bad Accomadations
Bad people to deal with.

At the time,only 1% of the population could afford a single bought meal a year.They were just scraping by.This was before the internet was accessible and popular belief was that the Western World was responsible for Russia's hard times.So when Foreigners were about,people tried to get as much out of them as possible.

We met a couple who had been Gassed on a Train.The whole sleeping carridge had been flooded with some kind of Gas,everyone had their valuables taken.We used to tie the Door on our compartment shut and have the window open an inch,nothing happened to us on a Train.Police used to board Trains and "Tax" anyone with spare money,$10 for this,$10 for that.I have more stamps from there than anywhere.

No wonder my parents got the eff oughtta there.

Yeah, i have always wanted to go to Russia to visit where my grandparents are from, the problem us that the tzar's henchmen killed just about everyone that didn't run and they completely erased the village. No name on the map, the satellite photos just look like fields now. :|:

At least Carl and his ATV are going a lil easier on the resource than these maniac Russian truckers.:D

When the ship it over, have them include all the Russian girls that want to meet him. I think he might be too busy for awhile to destroy the environment.

Back